By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I demand an Apology - (Regarding Kinect sales and GT5)

ssj12 said:
Seece said:

Yes thank you SSJ I don't need telling the glorious Kung Fu Panda sold well because of bundling and not its amazing scores.

You don't need to be a member of this site to have common sense, it's pretty clear the thing would be bundled with HW. Who on earth would think differently ...

"thinks back to members I know of since I joined the site"

Without naming user names I think I could think of some people that didnt put that together when they first joined.

While I get what you are trying to get at here, Kinect is NOT bundled for free the way many bundled games are (such as the Kung Fu Panda example).

You pay a premium ($100 in US) to purchast Kinect with a 360, so it's not like demand for the 360 is increased by some freebie pack-in.

On topic, I think many people expected Kinect to do MUCH worse than it has, and I'm sure there were some people who had hoped GT5 would do much better.

Around the Network
snfr said:

If we demand apologies by making threads every time a prediction fails, then we would only have apology threads...

Pretty much this!

I remember the last time we had an "Apologise to me!" thread. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

CGI-Quality said:

Props to toastboy!!

Just imagine if I made this kind of topic for HEAVY RAIN, I wouldn't have enough crow to serve. But I'm sure most people want to forget those silly predictions ever happened

EDIT : Nevermind

4k1x3r said:

So now we compare a 6 weeks product with a 3 weeks product? What? Or I'm missing something...

Well do you think in its 6th week that GT5 will sell over 700k....how about in its 8th week (cause KINECT will surely sell at least that or more for the next two weeks.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:

So now we compare a 6 weeks product with a 3 weeks product? What? Or I'm missing something...

Well do you think in its 6th week that GT5 will sell over 700k....how about in its 8th week (cause KINECT will surely sell at least that or more for the next two weeks.

-_- Yea but in its 6th week GT5 wil be out of the holiday season, Kinect isn't. I stop talking about that, feel free to continue, without me.

psrock said:
Gilgamesh said:
psrock said:
Gilgamesh said:

The years not over yet, I'd wait for NPD in January to make this thread.

What does NPD has to do with this? 

The final numbers?

NPD does not report addons numbers. 

There not gonna track Kinect Adventures?

Gilgamesh said:
psrock said:
Gilgamesh said:
psrock said:
Gilgamesh said:

The years not over yet, I'd wait for NPD in January to make this thread.

What does NPD has to do with this? 

The final numbers?

NPD does not report addons numbers. 

There not gonna track Kinect Adventures?

no, it's bundled i believe.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

this is just ridiculous! get over it.

you just happened to be right in a pointless argument about nothing.

4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:

-_- Yea but in its 6th week GT5 wil be out of the holiday season, Kinect isn't. I stop talking about that, feel free to continue, without me.

Yeah lol well the point is GT5 will not outsell KINECT....although I do think GT5 is a better game then anything KINECT has right now.