By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I demand an Apology - (Regarding Kinect sales and GT5)

yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:

So now we compare a 6 weeks product with a 3 weeks product? What? Or I'm missing something...

Well do you think in its 6th week that GT5 will sell over 700k....how about in its 8th week (cause KINECT will surely sell at least that or more for the next two weeks.

-_- Yea but in its 6th week GT5 wil be out of the holiday season, Kinect isn't. I stop talking about that, feel free to continue, without me.

Yeah lol well the point is GT5 will not outsell KINECT....although I do think GT5 is a better game then anything KINECT has right now.

Who said it would? =p

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:

So now we compare a 6 weeks product with a 3 weeks product? What? Or I'm missing something...

Well do you think in its 6th week that GT5 will sell over 700k....how about in its 8th week (cause KINECT will surely sell at least that or more for the next two weeks.

-_- Yea but in its 6th week GT5 wil be out of the holiday season, Kinect isn't. I stop talking about that, feel free to continue, without me.

Yeah lol well the point is GT5 will not outsell KINECT....although I do think GT5 is a better game then anything KINECT has right now.

Who said it would? =p

I'm guessing the people toastboy wants an apology from.

TRios_Zen said:
ssj12 said:
Seece said:

Yes thank you SSJ I don't need telling the glorious Kung Fu Panda sold well because of bundling and not its amazing scores.

You don't need to be a member of this site to have common sense, it's pretty clear the thing would be bundled with HW. Who on earth would think differently ...

"thinks back to members I know of since I joined the site"

Without naming user names I think I could think of some people that didnt put that together when they first joined.

While I get what you are trying to get at here, Kinect is NOT bundled for free the way many bundled games are (such as the Kung Fu Panda example).

You pay a premium ($100 in US) to purchast Kinect with a 360, so it's not like demand for the 360 is increased by some freebie pack-in.

On topic, I think many people expected Kinect to do MUCH worse than it has, and I'm sure there were some people who had hoped GT5 would do much better.

Besides, everybody who buys a Kinect bundle wants Kinect. Kung Fu Panda was bundled with the Arcade and the Elite. If you wanted either of those two, (the two cheapest SKUs at the time) you got Kung Fu Panda whether you wanted it or not. Right now there's a SKU $100 cheaper than any SKU with Kinect and one that's the same price as the 4 GB Kinect bundle that comes with a 250 GB harddrive and two games. The notion that people are buying Kinect bundles and that that's somehow inflating Kinect numbers is a bad one.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I remember all those people who thought GT5 was going to sell millions and millions of Systems...lol whatever happend to that? 

Ohhhh GT5 is going to come out PS3 will lead hardware sales easily....hmmm guess GT5 isn't much of a hardware mover after the PS3 finished what 4th place WW?  And was easily beaten by the 360 and Wii yet again over the biggest shopping wk. of the year...

I also like how GT5 and sony fanboys all of a sudden don't care about how Forza 3 easily gets a better overall Meta Critic rating...Now because it's not in their favor "Reviews don't matter"...

So lets face it while GT5 may be a great racing sim it's not far away and above all any more and it's not a great system seller either.

It's funny how fanboys will argue like they hold stake in the company and will make millions of doallars if sony, MS or Nintendo does good...News flash Nintendo,MS and Sony don't give a F%^K about you fanboys...All they want is to take your money and get rich.

axumblade said:

Did someone really say that or is toastboy making this up? Because to be honest, in all likelihood, if someone did want to bet a permaban, they'd avoid this thread like a plague or toastboy is just using this thread as an attempt to gloat...

I mean I understand people thinking Kinect wouldn't sell more than GT5 (not that I agree) but he is obsessing a little hard over the "fact" that someone said there was a permaban wager and is insisting on an apology, yet he has given no idea who said it.

Good point.Wouldn't be suprised if this is actually the truth.

Around the Network
chuckyj1 said:

I remember all those people who thought GT5 was going to sell millions and millions of Systems...lol whatever happend to that? 

Ohhhh GT5 is going to come out PS3 will lead hardware sales easily....hmmm guess GT5 isn't much of a hardware mover after the PS3 finished what 4th place WW?  And was easily beaten by the 360 and Wii yet again over the biggest shopping wk. of the year...

I also like how GT5 and sony fanboys all of a sudden don't care about how Forza 3 easily gets a better overall Meta Critic rating...Now because it's not in their favor "Reviews don't matter"...

So lets face it while GT5 may be a great racing sim it's not far away and above all any more and it's not a great system seller either.

It's funny how fanboys will argue like they hold stake in the company and will make millions of doallars if sony, MS or Nintendo does good...News flash Nintendo,MS and Sony don't give a F%^K about you fanboys...All they want is to take your money and get rich.

Getting a better metascore but GT5's review saying that it's the best simulation racing game ever but lacking a good packaging (menus, some strange design etc)? I'm okay with that. Bye.

People are stupid for comparing games.... Dumn, there both great ideas... Why argue which sells better.... 

I vaguely remember seeing this during one of the more exciting Kinect threads, but then again I cannot remember. In my defence I am old and have forgotten more than GT5 has sold games.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Are we comparing a new console to a game? 

For comparison- eyetoy sold about ten million- not amazing for a piece of hardware.But Thats a lot for any game and about what GT5 will do. Move will outsell GT5, as will kinect- and they will join things like the motion plus and the balance board. Its really strange to compare two entirely different types of products. 

tl;dr- hardware and software have vastly different sales expectations. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

To be fair.. Toastboy did make like 9000 Kinect threads so it's gonna be hard to find one post back in all of them..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)