By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I demand an Apology - (Regarding Kinect sales and GT5)

axumblade said:
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:

So now we compare a 6 weeks product with a 3 weeks product? What? Or I'm missing something...

Well do you think in its 6th week that GT5 will sell over 700k....how about in its 8th week (cause KINECT will surely sell at least that or more for the next two weeks.

-_- Yea but in its 6th week GT5 wil be out of the holiday season, Kinect isn't. I stop talking about that, feel free to continue, without me.

Yeah lol well the point is GT5 will not outsell KINECT....although I do think GT5 is a better game then anything KINECT has right now.

Who said it would? =p

I'm guessing the people toastboy wants an apology from.

Did someone really say that or is toastboy making this up? Because to be honest, in all likelihood, if someone did want to bet a permaban, they'd avoid this thread like a plague or toastboy is just using this thread as an attempt to gloat...

I mean I understand people thinking Kinect wouldn't sell more than GT5 (not that I agree) but he is obsessing a little hard over the "fact" that someone said there was a permaban wager and is insisting on an apology, yet he has given no idea who said it.

I'm not sure actually....I believe I remember a couple of people saying that GT5 would sell more than KINECT but I don't ever remember seeing a permaban wager on it.

Around the Network

I think it was MS, they said only 3 million the whole holidays, they stealth changed it. Permabanned them.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

You're the bigger man so you make a thread gloating and asking all the people who had different predictions to apologize to you?

o.O

Why are you comparing software sales to hardware sales anyways. In any case, it was pretty obvious that Kinect would outsell GT5. The hype and marketing for the system was very high and public reaction to it was very good. In GT5 defense, it actually sold better then some people (including myself) expected it to. Other people thought it would sell as well as GT3 and GT4, but we all know that's not going to happen. After 5 years in development, GT5 didn't turn out like everyone had hoped. The game is good, but it fell well below the hype that it got. Kinect on the other had, exceeded the hype it got. There were a lot of bashers on here and other sites who were hoping for Kinects demise before it even launched. It proved everyone wrong and has been a huge success.

4k1x3r said:

By the way: Kinect's 5 weeks (the sixth is incomplete in EMEAA so it matters alot)

Week Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide Running Total
1 580,021 21,384 327,526 928,931 928,931
2 290,553 9,855 189,327 489,735 1,418,666
3 235,061 10,711 220,131 465,903 1,884,569
4 658,171 12,574 251,336 922,081 2,806,650
5 423,290 N/A 333,949 757,239 3,563,889

Japan should add another 12k or something

Gran Turismo 5's 3 weeks:

Week Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide Running Total
1 473,393 424,737 1,293,458 2,191,588 2,191,588
2 173,931 59,599 524,859 758,389 2,949,977
3 174,036 26,600 480,100 680,736 3,630,713

Say what now?

Kinect will obiously outsell GT5 in the long run, but let's compare what's comparable.

Yeah pretty stupid to make a thread like this, and know that people can pull out the correct data.

I wonder if he knows how to use this website?

Around the Network

People making threads in VGChartz forums demanding an apology don't deserve it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

I was thinking about making a thread to ask an apology for toasterboy and his apology request thread, where he would apology for asking an apology, people would accept his apologies and then apology themselves for bringing it that far, what do you think about it?

4k1x3r said:
Pavolink said:

I was thinking about making a thread to ask an apology for toasterboy and his apology request thread, where he would apology for asking an apology, people would accept his apologies and then apology themselves for bringing it that far, what do you think about it?

Then that thread would be a failure (like this) and even don't deserve the apology.

Edit: Post 500 :D

Pavolink said:
4k1x3r said:
Pavolink said:

Then that thread would be a failure (like this) and even don't deserve the apology.

Then we would have to make a thread apology to apology for the failure thread? 8-D
 :worseideaeverhaddude:

Lol congrats, I didn't even notice that I already have more than 500 x)

4k1x3r said:
Pavolink said:
4k1x3r said:
Pavolink said:

Then we would have to make a thread apology to apology for the failure thread? 8-D
 :worseideaeverhaddude:

lulz.

You must make it.