By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I demand an Apology - (Regarding Kinect sales and GT5)

toastboy44562 said:
4k1x3r said:

By the way: Kinect's 5 weeks (the sixth is incomplete in EMEAA so it matters alot)

Week Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide Running Total
1 580,021 21,384 327,526 928,931 928,931
2 290,553 9,855 189,327 489,735 1,418,666
3 235,061 10,711 220,131 465,903 1,884,569
4 658,171 12,574 251,336 922,081 2,806,650
5 423,290 N/A 333,949 757,239 3,563,889

Japan should add another 12k or something

Gran Turismo 5's 3 weeks:

Week Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide Running Total
1 473,393 424,737 1,293,458 2,191,588 2,191,588
2 173,931 59,599 524,859 758,389 2,949,977
3 174,036 26,600 480,100 680,736 3,630,713

Say what now?

Kinect will obiously outsell GT5 in the long run, but let's compare what's comparable.

the bet was at the end of the year not first 3 weeks...read OP

Read my last sentence compare what's comparable, I can't even believe this idea made it's way to someone's brain. What's the point of taking something (for example) that came out in September and somthing that came out in November and  then check their sales at the end of the year... Seriously?

Even if the bet didn't came from you, why do you bring it out again or even why did you pay so much attention to it?

Around the Network
Seece said:
ssj12 said:
toastboy44562 said:

There was a member who said he would bet me a perma-ban that GT5 would outsell Kinect this holiday. People called me a delusional fanboy for thinking Kinect would outsell GT5 this holiday. They called me crazy. They gave me facepalms and 'LOLZ'.

On GT5 second week Kinect already outsells it...

I'm not going to mention names but I will be the bigger man and forgive your immaturity. All I ask is that you guys apologize and BELIEVE me in the future.

hardware sales vs software sales...Kinect has been bundled with way more new units than GT5 anyways.

So what? I'm sure the guy knew that. Stop trying to make allowances.

toastboy .. I think I need to declare you the best predictor here. You're the god BHR looks up to.

Toast isnt stating who made the bet, which if its a new member they wouldn't know that bundled = sales during the holiday season and better sales overall if the bundle becomes permanent which it seems it has.

Why do you think Kung Fu Panda sold so well? the 360 bundle.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

well im the man that took down system wars with my predictions about Kinect.   Taking them all down they all look so foolish now, and I got banned because they couldnt stand being wrong.   I own them, and I too deserve an apology...  Fans welcome to email me.....  I TOOK THEM DOWN!!!

Seece said:
ssj12 said:
toastboy44562 said:

There was a member who said he would bet me a perma-ban that GT5 would outsell Kinect this holiday. People called me a delusional fanboy for thinking Kinect would outsell GT5 this holiday. They called me crazy. They gave me facepalms and 'LOLZ'.

On GT5 second week Kinect already outsells it...

I'm not going to mention names but I will be the bigger man and forgive your immaturity. All I ask is that you guys apologize and BELIEVE me in the future.

hardware sales vs software sales...Kinect has been bundled with way more new units than GT5 anyways.

toastboy .. I think I need to declare you the best predictor here. You're the god BHR looks up to.

*cough*

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3096990

I can probably find more if I put some more effort into it. 

I'm gonna call "blind shot" on this one. Kinect has had amazing sales, quite possibly even higher than Microsoft expected.

BHR was amazingly consistent and accurate in his predictions. Just recently though, he has started losing his "mojo". But he does make some daring predictions (Black Ops PS3 First Week > Halo Reach FW - It almost happened...still possible with adjustments people are calling for cause of NPD..but whatever).

Seece said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Kinect Adventures! (X360)
Microsoft
6 761,502 3,978,868
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
3 680,736 3,630,713

Not much in it, but Kinect will win....cause it has also been released for longer.

Anyway, I'd say you got lucky cause you've made some horrible predictions in the past. No offence, but its true.

3 weeks left, KD is on course to sell 1 mill units next week (shortages premitting) (GT5 will be 400/500k)

It might get to the point where its 3 week lead won't matter.

"also" being the keyword here. That makes the lead look better than it does.

ssj12 said:
Seece said:

Toast isnt stating who made the bet, which if its a new member they wouldn't know that bundled = sales during the holiday season and better sales overall if the bundle becomes permanent which it seems it has.

Why do you think Kung Fu Panda sold so well? the 360 bundle.

Yes thank you SSJ I don't need telling the glorious Kung Fu Panda sold well because of bundling and not its amazing scores.

You don't need to be a member of this site to have common sense, it's pretty clear the thing would be bundled with HW. Who on earth would think differently ...

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:

So now we compare a 6 weeks product with a 3 weeks product? What? Or I'm missing something...

Comparing $149.99 Kinect Sensor to $53.99 game.

Idk the backstory of your quarrel, but I do hope gt5 rapes Kinect in sales.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

I will put this in my recent post list  for any upcoming arguments

Nsanity said:
4k1x3r said:

So now we compare a 6 weeks product with a 3 weeks product? What? Or I'm missing something...

Talk about rubbing it in!

Nsanity said:
4k1x3r said:

Not even surprised you came to post here. x) That aside I even forgot about the price, it makes this comparison even worse...