By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP!! 20 November 2010!!!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

Next week there will be no need to derail as PS3 will be on top!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

What's that got to do with anything?

The mere mentioning of FF XIII itself reignites my hatred for that disappointing game. There should be some kind of gamer awareness campaign so no one else tastes the bitterness I and countless others were poisoned with.

Disappointing for you, one of the best games this gen for me and countless others.

Deal with it.

Countless? You mean zero, correct? ;)

I am maybe, MAYBE the only person who vaguely enjoys FF13 who I know, and even then, it wasn't good enough for a place in my Top 50...

Overall I feel as though the delays/better graphics hurt it. It was good, but without the towns, customisable party, free-roaming aspects, levelling up etc., it didn't "feel" like FF. I think that's why not many people enjoyed it...

Famitsu Readers voted FF13 the 3rd best game of all time....not just of this gen, or year......but of all time. Enough people thought it was good enough to vote it that high. The numbers already more than zero

Now think of how many people may think of it at least as one of the best games this gen.

There are countless people who believe FF13 is one of the best games of this gen that I know.

Games not many people enjoy simply don't sell as well as FF13 has, sorry but they just don't.....you would have seen major decline in sales for the franchise.....but as it stands FF13 is on its way to become the 2nd best selling title in the franchise in Europe and 3rd in America....something it should't be showing if not many people enjoy it.

Say all you want about sales don't equal quality.....but games people don't enjoy usually do sell bad.

Heyheyhey! I agree with you man! I enjoyed the game!

However, I know plenty of people who felt let down by it, and if it wasn't called "final fantasy" it may well have been much better recieved.

Also, sales=/=quality for many reasons, but that's another point altogether. I'm not here to argue :)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

you went from argument to personal attacks. Now who's angry?

My work here is done.

Metallicube said:

HAha yeah, it's never the new games that boosts Wii sales. That would make too much sense.. People seem like to point to everything BUT the real reason for Wii sales; the games..

Wii Party, Goldeneye, Kirby, Just Dance 2, Sonic Colors, and ANTICIPATION for DKC, Mario Allstars, Michael Jackson, and Epic Mickey are the major RECENT releases this year that are helping sell consoles. And yes, earlier evergreen titles and bundles as well, mainly the continued strength of NSMB.

If it is only games releaesed in previous years that are lifting Wii sales, then I must refer you back to your own question: Why didn't those evergreen titles of 2008 and 2009 keep the conosle on top?

It is a combination of new and old games, as well as bundles.

Sonic Color's is definetely not selling Wii's....not really with how much it sold Week 1. Just Dance 2...maybe....doubt Goldeneye is doing much.

DKC...who knows how many consoles it could sell....NSMB Wii got lots of 2D platformer fans on Wii.
Like thx above me said right now Wii sales are being helped by the Red wii bundles worldwide....and several other bundles and retailer promotions, with some help from the new releases. It doesn't have a NSMB wii this year yet.

Black Wii bundle out yet? That's bound to do something, its a pretty sweet deal imo.

hatmoza said:
darthdevidem01 said:

aww you sound angry.

I said under-appreciated and favourite games....and I gave you two links with favourite games....1 with under-appreciated.....nothing misleading.

Who cares what 1up believes? ....Considering one of your sources was IGN thats a hilarious comment to make.

No-one said its the best game ever....your being misleading now. And no-one said its the best seller ever either, thats Wii sports. Your argument isn't making sense anymore.....your rambling.

Me and boutros definetely aren't the only people on this forum who love it since in the Top 50 games ever thread FFXIII has already entered 3 peoples list (I know for a fact it'll be many more peoples lists)....and of course there are countless others who love the game on this forum.

You are still in huge denial over the fact that people can love this game.....but I told you once before, accept people love it and move on......throwing angry posts every time someone says so isn't making your point come across any better.

I can accept its disappointing for other people. Your problem is you can't even accept it can be loved by other people.

If you say the "name" is the only reason FF13 is to become one of the best selling FF's in the West....your wrong because that makes no practical sense.

My work here is done.

Sounds more like Darth can't accept people despise the game rather than you can't stand people enjoy it... from my perspective  at least.

Either way my anecdotal evidence points towards the same directions, customers used to come in complaining about the game, my friends dislike it, theres a shit ton of traded in copies that doesn't move which largely means people sorta rejected it, IE bought it and disliked it and tried to get what money they could for it.

I mean you can make the argument it's because it lacks online but you just don't see it with games like SMG or Bioshock 1, mind you all this is coming from a guy that didn't mind FFXIII so much lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Mummelmann said:

Black Wii bundle out yet? That's bound to do something, its a pretty sweet deal imo.

Thats out this week

I don't know if it was planned but it lands close to GT5 Week.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

thx1139 said:

Wii is not being driven by Wii Party, Kirby, Epic Mickey, DKCR, Just Dance, Michael Jackson, etc.  It is being driven by reputation and value of bundles.  Move and Kinect still gaining a following for motion control while Wii is firmly established.  Some of the shoppers (a lot of them) know Wii is a safe choice.  It will take word of mouth or just plain stumbling across Move or Kinect before these people would think otherwise.  These incredibly casual shoppers are also the ones that pick up the Wii software that is at the checkout lanes selling for $10-$20 per title.

Or it could be driven by... GAMES? :P

It always perplexes me how no one seems to want to blame the actual SOFTWARE for driving the Wii sales. They seem to point to everything BUT the games.

Same deal with Move and Kinect. They will start selling if and when they get killer aps to sell them. As of now they don't quite have those.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

My work here is done.

Metallicube said:

HAha yeah, it's never the new games that boosts Wii sales. That would make too much sense.. People seem like to point to everything BUT the real reason for Wii sales; the games..

Wii Party, Goldeneye, Kirby, Just Dance 2, Sonic Colors, and ANTICIPATION for DKC, Mario Allstars, Michael Jackson, and Epic Mickey are the major RECENT releases this year that are helping sell consoles. And yes, earlier evergreen titles and bundles as well, mainly the continued strength of NSMB.

If it is only games releaesed in previous years that are lifting Wii sales, then I must refer you back to your own question: Why didn't those evergreen titles of 2008 and 2009 keep the conosle on top?

Sonic Color's is definetely not selling Wii's....not really with how much it sold Week 1. Just Dance 2...maybe....doubt Goldeneye is doing much.

DKC...who knows how many consoles it could sell....NSMB Wii got lots of 2D platformer fans on Wii.
Like thx above me said right now Wii sales are being helped by the Red wii bundles worldwide....and several other bundles and retailer promotions, with some help from the new releases. It doesn't have a NSMB wii this year yet.

yeah it is, and i think I'm talking about the same bundle but saw a bunch of ads for it yesterday saying it's 180 bucks or something....

so I 'personally' think price and cheap (in comparison) bundles are what drives up the sales for Wii at this moment

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mummelmann said:

Then they are not evergreen, which was the core of my entire point.

1:" Having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year."

2:"Perenially fresh or interesting; enduring."

Evergreen persists throughout the year, not just for seven-to eight weeks. That is the opposite of evergreen; seasonal green.

but nsmbwii did sell very well throughtout the year (though it may not have moved much hardware). It´s just that explodes in the holidays. same case with mkwii wii fit plus and wii sports resort

Metallicube said:

Wii Party isn't new. Kirby isn't new. Just Dance 2 isn't new. All 3 of those games released over a Month and a half ago. That isn't new. Wii Party released in the West almost exactly 2 Months ago (It's been out for 20 weeks in Japan, which is coincidentally the same amount of time that the PS3 overtook it and won what, 17 straight weeks or something?). If you want to go as far as 2 Months back, then I can give you a pretty huge list of "new" releases on the PS3 and 360 too...

As for Sonic and GoldenEye. If you think those 2 games are system sellers... And Assassin's Creed, Kinect, Need for Speed and Fable aren't, then it outlines how much bias you really do have. Assassin's Creed has sold more on the 360 alone Week 1 than both those games combined so far. And if you're adding on "anticipation" games, yet you leave out Gran Turismo 5, Tales of Graces F, Final Fantasy XIII International... Well. Yeah. I don't even need to say it. You get the idea. If you need to add in games that aren't even released into the data then you're just grasping at straws.

I never said it was only the 2008/2009 games selling hardware. I said it was MAINLY those games, and bundles of those games that were selling hardware... Along with it being at a very affordable price. They didn't work throughout the rest of the year as well as usual because Nintendo basically didn't care. I hardly saw any advertisement for them at all in the UK... Then bang. Holiday season hits, Nintendo blow there load, every adbreak on TV had at least one Wii game and one DS game advertised.

Throughout the year, Wii sales lacked (when comparing to the Wii of past Years/Months) but it still sold fairly well despite spending a lot of weeks in 2nd or 3rd place. The "evergreen" titles didn't keep it on top then. It's not solely the "evergreen" titles putting it on top now. it's a mix IMO of the 3 factors I mentioned. It's NOT any "new" titles as you say it is. Obviously Wii Party and Just Dance 2 have some effect. It's nothing major though.

Another kickass wii bundle deal at Amazon.

Retailer Amazon.com Inc. this week began offering a free copy of Activision Blizzard Inc.’s GoldenEye with Gold Wii Classic Controller with the purchase of Nintendo Co.’s Wii Black Hardware Bundle in a ‘Black Friday Deals Week‘ promotion. Through Nov. 27, customers who purchase the Black Wii hardware will receive the GoldenEye with Gold Wii Classic Controller Bundle at no additional cost.

http://news.punchjump.com/blog/2010/11/27/retailer-offers-free-goldeneye-with-wii-in-black-friday-week-sale/

this graph is good

Above & Beyond