By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP!! 20 November 2010!!!!!!

Metallicube said:

And I am answering saying the EVERGREEN titles, along with Donkey Kong, Just Dance 2, Michael Jackson, Kirby, Wii Party, and the soon to be released Epic Mickey in conjunction with the normal holiday boost is what lifting sales. Sure there are bundles, but why do you think people are buying those consoles in the first place, to stare at the pretty glossy textures?

Did you even read what you wrote?

"Wii sales have been poor the majority of this year because Nintendo has had virtually NO games that appeal to a wide audience and reinvigorate Wii sales. Basically, from Jan - Sep in 2010, the biggest Wii releases were: Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M, both of which were clearly NOT hardware movers.

In the recent weeks, this has changed. Remember, software is what drives hardware sales. Sony and MS can throw out all the hardware addons they want, but at the end of the day, the populatiry of the GAMES is what is going to drive hardware sales, and there are no killer aps on those add ons that are pushing hardware. Black Ops is really the only recent hardware mover for the HD consoles."

Why didn't those evergreen titles keep the Wii on top throughout the earlier Months?

And then you also claim that the PS3 and 360 have only recently had Black Ops to move Hardware. What NEW stuff has the Wii had recently then, if only Black Ops pushed HW for the HD consoles? And don't give me DK, MJ or Mickey. They haven't even released into these numbers.

What NEW games have boosted the Wii hardware, if you're so keen to point out that PS360 haven't had anything recent?

The Wii is selling so well mainly due to 3 things.

Games that released in 2008 and/or 2009.
Bundles of those games that released in 2008 and/or 2009.
Being the cheapest console available to buy... With much better value than its nearest competitor (Price-wise, the 360 Arcade)

Not new games boosting the system.

Around the Network

darthdevidem01 said:

A quick google search gets us threads with gamers saying how underrated FFXIII is too. And several sites listing it as one of the under-appreciated games this year and favourite games of 2010 lists:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3181207

http://www.gamersgameplay.com/2010/11/most-underappreciated-games-of-2010.html

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-7-best-games-of-2010-so-far/a-20100628115239773063

The argument I was having with him was of how it was actually possible for people to love the game....your changing the scope of that sentence.

No-one I know believes this to be true, most see FFXIII as one of the best, one or two see it as one of the lesser best.

Doesn't explain legs up to 3 times better than its predecessor....if the game is "poisoning" people with disappointment sales should have stopped. It should have sold way less than past installments instead of going up the ranks compared to them.

umm  stop trying to be misleading. That's 1-ups list of THEIR favorite 10 games of the year or whatnot. Not a list of unappreciated games. A lot of those game in that list were not only good, but juggernaut sellers. And who cares what 1up believes, they give As out like candy on Halloween night.

The second link is kind of weird. I get Other M and Lords of Shadows because they are selling terribly. But having FFXIII that sold nearly 6 m copies on that list is kinda of out place. Also, If they felt they needed to add that to the list because of online criticism of the game, I  was right about the majority of people hating the game.

So is it underrated, best game ever, best seller ever? Make up your mind here, and stop contradicting yourself.

It's the most disappointing FF of all time, deal with it. You and Boutrous are like the only 2 people who really love it for reasons I cannot begin to understand.

Again, about the sales. Final Fantasy sells, and to put it frankly, the name is the only reason it sold so much.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

darthdevidem01 said:

A quick google search gets us threads with gamers saying how underrated FFXIII is too. And several sites listing it as one of the under-appreciated games this year and favourite games of 2010 lists:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3181207

http://www.gamersgameplay.com/2010/11/most-underappreciated-games-of-2010.html

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-7-best-games-of-2010-so-far/a-20100628115239773063

The argument I was having with him was of how it was actually possible for people to love the game....your changing the scope of that sentence.

No-one I know believes this to be true, most see FFXIII as one of the best, one or two see it as one of the lesser best.

Doesn't explain legs up to 3 times better than its predecessor....if the game is "poisoning" people with disappointment sales should have stopped. It should have sold way less than past installments instead of going up the ranks compared to them.

umm  stop trying to be misleading. That's 1-ups list of THEIR favorite 10 games of the year or whatnot. Not a list of unappreciated games. A lot of those game in that list were not only good, but juggernaut sellers. And who cares what 1up believes, they gives As out like candy on Halloween night.

The second link is kind of weird. I get Other M and Lords of Shadows because they are selling terribly. But having FFXIII that sold nearly 6 m copies on that list is kinda of out place. Also, If they felt they needed to add that to the list because of online criticism of the game, I  was right about the majority of people hating the game.

So is it underrated, best game ever, best seller ever? Make up your mind here, and stop contradicting yourself.

It's the most disappointing FF of all time, deal with it. You and Boutrous are like the only 2 people who really love it for reasons I cannot begin to understand.

Again, about the sales. Final Fantasy sells, and to put it frankly, the name is the only reason it sold so much.

aww you sound angry.

I said under-appreciated and favourite games....and I gave you two links with favourite games....1 with under-appreciated.....nothing misleading.

Who cares what 1up believes? ....Considering one of your sources was IGN thats a hilarious comment to make.

No-one said its the best game ever....your being misleading now. And no-one said its the best seller ever either, thats Wii sports. Your argument isn't making sense anymore.....your rambling.

Me and boutros definetely aren't the only people on this forum who love it since in the Top 50 games ever thread FFXIII has already entered 3 peoples list (I know for a fact it'll be many more peoples lists)....and of course there are countless others who love the game on this forum.

You are still in huge denial over the fact that people can love this game.....but I told you once before, accept people love it and move on......throwing angry posts every time someone says so isn't making your point come across any better.

I can accept its disappointing for other people. Your problem is you can't even accept it can be loved by other people.

If you say the "name" is the only reason FF13 is to become one of the best selling FF's in the West....your wrong because that makes no practical sense.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

aww you sound angry.

I said under-appreciated and favourite games....and I gave you two links with favourite games....1 with under-appreciated.....nothing misleading.

Who cares what 1up believes? ....Considering one of your sources was IGN thats a hilarious comment to make.

No-one said its the best game ever....your being misleading now. And no-one said its the best seller ever either, thats Wii sports. Your argument isn't making sense anymore.....your rambling.

Me and boutros definetely aren't the only people on this forum who love it since in the Top 50 games ever thread FFXIII has already entered 3 peoples list (I know for a fact it'll be many more peoples lists)....and of course there are countless others who love the game on this forum.

You are still in huge denial over the fact that people can love this game.....but I told you once before, accept people love it and move on......throwing angry posts every time someone says so isn't making your point come across any better.

I can accept its disappointing for other people. Your problem is you can't even accept it can be loved by other people.

If you say the "name" is the only reason FF13 is to become one of the best selling FF's in the West....your wrong because that makes no practical sense.

you went from argument to personal attacks. Now who's angry?

My work here is done.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

And I am answering saying the EVERGREEN titles, along with Donkey Kong, Just Dance 2, Michael Jackson, Kirby, Wii Party, and the soon to be released Epic Mickey in conjunction with the normal holiday boost is what lifting sales. Sure there are bundles, but why do you think people are buying those consoles in the first place, to stare at the pretty glossy textures?

Did you even read what you wrote?

"Wii sales have been poor the majority of this year because Nintendo has had virtually NO games that appeal to a wide audience and reinvigorate Wii sales. Basically, from Jan - Sep in 2010, the biggest Wii releases were: Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M, both of which were clearly NOT hardware movers.

In the recent weeks, this has changed. Remember, software is what drives hardware sales. Sony and MS can throw out all the hardware addons they want, but at the end of the day, the populatiry of the GAMES is what is going to drive hardware sales, and there are no killer aps on those add ons that are pushing hardware. Black Ops is really the only recent hardware mover for the HD consoles."

Why didn't those evergreen titles keep the Wii on top throughout the earlier Months?

And then you also claim that the PS3 and 360 have only recently had Black Ops to move Hardware. What NEW stuff has the Wii had recently then, if only Black Ops pushed HW for the HD consoles? And don't give me DK, MJ or Mickey. They haven't even released into these numbers.

What NEW games have boosted the Wii hardware, if you're so keen to point out that PS360 haven't had anything recent?

The Wii is selling so well mainly due to 3 things.

Games that released in 2008 and/or 2009.
Bundles of those games that released in 2008 and/or 2009.
Being the cheapest console available to buy... With much better value than its nearest competitor (Price-wise, the 360 Arcade)

Not new games boosting the system.

HAha yeah, it's never the new games that boosts Wii sales. That would make too much sense.. People seem like to point to everything BUT the real reason for Wii sales; the games..

Wii Party, Goldeneye, Kirby, Just Dance 2, Sonic Colors, and ANTICIPATION for DKC, Mario Allstars, Michael Jackson, and Epic Mickey are the major RECENT releases this year that are helping sell consoles. And yes, earlier evergreen titles and bundles as well, mainly the continued strength of NSMB.

If it is only games releaesed in previous years that are lifting Wii sales, then I must refer you back to your own question: Why didn't those evergreen titles of 2008 and 2009 keep the conosle on top?

It is a combination of new and old games, as well as bundles.

Around the Network

Yes, MH3 is surprinsingly picking up in sales. Great news!

Mummelmann said:

Then they are not evergreen, which was the core of my entire point.

1:" Having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year."

2:"Perenially fresh or interesting; enduring."

Evergreen persists throughout the year, not just for seven-to eight weeks. That is the opposite of evergreen; seasonal green.

They are evergreen, because they kept topping the sales charts throughout the much of the year, and they were almost singlehandedly keeping the console going during the slow periods of the year. I promise you that Sin and Punishment, Red Steel 2, Fragile, No More Heroes 2, and Endless Ocean 2 were not the ones moving the consoles from Jan - Sept.

Wii is not being driven by Wii Party, Kirby, Epic Mickey, DKCR, Just Dance, Michael Jackson, etc.  It is being driven by reputation and value of bundles.  Move and Kinect still gaining a following for motion control while Wii is firmly established.  Some of the shoppers (a lot of them) know Wii is a safe choice.  It will take word of mouth or just plain stumbling across Move or Kinect before these people would think otherwise.  These incredibly casual shoppers are also the ones that pick up the Wii software that is at the checkout lanes selling for $10-$20 per title.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

hatmoza said:

you went from argument to personal attacks. Now who's angry?

My work here is done.

Metallicube said:

HAha yeah, it's never the new games that boosts Wii sales. That would make too much sense.. People seem like to point to everything BUT the real reason for Wii sales; the games..

Wii Party, Goldeneye, Kirby, Just Dance 2, Sonic Colors, and ANTICIPATION for DKC, Mario Allstars, Michael Jackson, and Epic Mickey are the major RECENT releases this year that are helping sell consoles. And yes, earlier evergreen titles and bundles as well, mainly the continued strength of NSMB.

If it is only games releaesed in previous years that are lifting Wii sales, then I must refer you back to your own question: Why didn't those evergreen titles of 2008 and 2009 keep the conosle on top?

It is a combination of new and old games, as well as bundles.

Sonic Color's is definetely not selling Wii's....not really with how much it sold Week 1. Just Dance 2...maybe....doubt Goldeneye is doing much.

DKC...who knows how many consoles it could sell....NSMB Wii got lots of 2D platformer fans on Wii.
Like thx above me said right now Wii sales are being helped by the Red wii bundles worldwide....and several other bundles and retailer promotions, with some help from the new releases. It doesn't have a NSMB wii this year yet.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Pah, Wii's still d0med.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046