By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Christmas 2010: PS3 vs Xbox360

It doesn't matter how many sites for nerds like us Move and Kinect get coverage at, the intended demographic (Nintendo's ocean, or at least; large swimming pool) do not frequent them. And this is why I have little to no faith in either product (it doesn't help that they bore me either... ).

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Im actually amazed aty how little coverage Move is getting...  itas almost invisible.

this site is a good example.  http://www.game.co.uk/

the main gaming retailer in the UK and their home page seems to want to promote all things 360...    It was all ps3 earlier this year.

Im guessing this will remian their focuus until christmas.

Maybe... but this site is UK (360 land).

I guess the demand for Move or Kinect are low... both.

But both still have chances to success (or not).

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

System sellers??? Maybe Kinect, maybe Move and probably Gran Turismo 5.

Halo: Reach isn't the first Halo on 360... no system seller because Halo 3 was it... but Gran Turismo 5 is the first major GT for PS3... system seller confirmed (or maybe?).

Then I say "PS3".

But Move and Kinect are unknowns so...

Move sucess = PS3 wins
Kinect sucess  = Xbox 360 wins
Move and Kinect sucess = PS3 wins (because GT5)

Im actually amazed aty how little coverage Move is getting...  itas almost invisible.

the main gaming retailer in the UK and their home page seems to want to promote all things 360...    It was all ps3 earlier this year.

The same thing here in Brazil. All internet portals, news papers and TV shows have been talking about Kinect, but so few mention Move.

And you have to bring into accont that PS2 and PS3 have a much larger market share than 360.

ethomaz said:

Halo: Reach isn't the first Halo on 360... no system seller because Halo 3 was it... but Gran Turismo 5 is the first major GT for PS3... system seller confirmed (or maybe?).

Then I say "PS3".

Move sucess = PS3 wins

It's true Halo: Reach isn't the first Halo on 360 but it is bundled with the new 360s. I believe it will entice a lot of Halo fans to purchase a new 360 if they haven't already.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

Then I say "PS3".

Move sucess = PS3 wins

http://www.gamestop.com/  Is exactly the same way.  Nothing about the PS3 move on the front page.  It really makes me wonder why Sony is basically sitting back on this.

As far as the holiday it is all about one thing:

If Americas > Eu (plus) Japan

Then 360 > PS3

Else PS3 > 360

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
It's true Halo: Reach isn't the first Halo on 360 but it is bundled with the new 360s. I believe it will entice a lot of Halo fans to purchase a new 360 if they haven't already.

Forza and CoD:MW2 is heavy bundled too... but just increase the 360 sales some weeks (more first week)... this is not a system seller.

A lot of people wait GT5 to buy a PS3... but Halo: Reach not... the Halo 3 user base already exists... some fans only will be getting a new 360 and just in the first weeks.

But I could be wrong.

ethomaz said:

Then I say "PS3".

Move sucess = PS3 wins

Halo Reach has a awesome 360 Reach bundle so it will definitely be a system seller!

bevochan said:

Which system will sell more this holiday season? 

Xbox360 has Halo Reach as the only system seller coming out in Sept and Kinect.

PS3 has Gran Turismo 5, LittleBigPlanet 2, DC Universe Online (not sure if this will be a system seller) and Move.

i believe PS3 will sell more from nov-dec worldwide b/c of GT5 and i believe sony has something up there sleeves MS already blew all its horns to early new 360S kenict pricing new 360S 4gb still at $199 same price as the cheapest 360 from last year

GT5 releases in Nov perfect time for HW boost to carry it through out the rest of the year MS will only have kenict releasing late in the holidays i dont believe kenict>GT5

by the time holidays come the boost from the new 360S wont be as big as it is now also sonys motion control device releases earlier than MSs so it will get the early jump plus Move has a wider variety of games that will be available for it this year

PS3 also has Socom 4 which i believe will surprise most sales and score wise

Play Me

P.S.3>360

Why people zealously belive GT5 will drive :) PS3 to sell so much more than any other exclusive. It was the same story with God of War 3,  but we all saw what happened.

Just look at pré-order charts.

Nobody care about GT5 any more. There are many other car simulators on the market. And this generation is ruled by FPS games and Online experiences.

Can any one imagine 2mi people playing GT5 online at the same time?