By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Christmas 2010: PS3 vs Xbox360

Which system will sell more this holiday season? 

Xbox360 has Halo Reach as the only system seller coming out in Sept and Kinect.

PS3 has Gran Turismo 5, LittleBigPlanet 2, DC Universe Online (not sure if this will be a system seller) and Move.

Around the Network

360 will dominate unless somebody throws a curveball and the exclusives listed are not classed as curveballs. For me Microsoft are doing a good job carrying the momentum into the Xmas period and I cannot see things slowing up anytime soon.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Halo Reach , Fable 3 and Black Ops all 360´s System Sellers... Black Ops Limited Edition incoming...

i Called it 1st.

All signs point toward; unknown. I honestly don't know, depends how well the 360 holds up in EMEEA and how good the PS3's holiday in Japan will be.

I Remember the PS3 being Doomed last year because of MW2 so i wouldnt put my Bets on Black ops as a BIG 360 seller.
My Bets are on 360 and Kinect this year though.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

360. unless Sony has another thing up its sleeve, though i dont know whether another pricecut will do it well... But honestly i can see the 360 outselling the wii this holiday season. Still early days though

System sellers??? Maybe Kinect, maybe Move and probably Gran Turismo 5.

Halo: Reach isn't the first Halo on 360... no system seller because Halo 3 was it... but Gran Turismo 5 is the first major GT for PS3... system seller confirmed (or maybe?).

Then I say "PS3".

But Move and Kinect are unknowns so...

Move sucess = PS3 wins
Kinect sucess  = Xbox 360 wins
Move and Kinect sucess = PS3 wins (because GT5)

I expect move to flop, big time. 

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

System sellers??? Maybe Kinect, maybe Move and probably Gran Turismo 5.

Halo: Reach isn't the first Halo on 360... no system seller because Halo 3 was it... but Gran Turismo 5 is the first major GT for PS3... system seller confirmed (or maybe?).

Then I say "PS3".

But Move and Kinect are unknowns so...

Move sucess = PS3 wins
Kinect sucess  = Xbox 360 wins
Move and Kinect sucess = PS3 wins (because GT5)

Im actually amazed aty how little coverage Move is getting...  itas almost invisible.

this site is a good example.  http://www.game.co.uk/

the main gaming retailer in the UK and their home page seems to want to promote all things 360...    It was all ps3 earlier this year.

Im guessing this will remian their focuus until christmas.

TBH Kinect and 360s are getting headlined in a lot of sites, so much so I suspect MS is engaging heavily in vendor funded or part funded promotions to get quite that much coverage.

Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Sony, so far, simply doesn't seem to be pushing, or has already lost the funding slots to MS.

I think MS are going to try and blanket media for a long run around their products and blank out the competition as much as possible.

Reminds me of when my company bought up every bit of advertsing space around a main competitors big customer conference, effectively preventing them from advertising themselves at their own event.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I think that PS3 will sell more. A lot of exclusives and MOVE.