By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Christmas 2010: PS3 vs Xbox360

kitler53 said:

i don't understand it but a resigned case is doing wonders for the 360.

i don't understand it but it seems like people want to waste their mony on kinect.

halo is doing well too but that i get, it looks great.

GT hype seems to be at an all time low despite finally being close to release.

move is all but dead already.

as much as i hate it,..360 is going to beat the ps3 this holiday.  probably by a good margin too. at least i can thank god for lbp2.  the only other thing i have to look forward to this holiday (in terms of sales) is watching the wii fail miserably.

Inb4attackoftheWiicorps

Around the Network

We'll know much better come September/October, it's a bit early to say.

Anyway, I predict 360 will outsell the PS3 - but not by much.

I honestly think that GT5 is the only system seller and it will face off against Halo Reach

The GT franchise is popular but the Halo franchise is crazy.

I predict mega sales for both consoles with maybe the PS3 slightly edging it. But only slightly.

2 million consoles to be sold for each with the winner maybe grabbing an extra 250,000 sales.

With BluRay seemingly destined to never be adopted by the mainstream the only thing that differentiates them is Free Gaming for the PS3.

Cypher1980 said:

With BluRay seemingly destined to never be adopted by the mainstream the only thing that differentiates them is Free Gaming for the PS3.

And the games.

Around the Network

Three things we know for sure (about the HD twins) : MS will own US and UK, Sony will own Japan.

For the rest it is too early to tell.

tonio_13 said:

Three things we know for sure (about the HD twins) : MS will own US and UK, Sony will own Japan.

For the rest it is too early to tell.

I wouldn't say MS "owns" US. The PS3 was actually neck and neck before the slim released. It actually outsold 360 the week before slim released. 

If they left just at a slim it'd be real close, but I think the Reach and Kinect bundles are going to do some serious damage to holiday sales.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

ps3

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I honestly don't see software being the major selling points of this holiday season. The only real system sellers are Halo Reach and GT5. Halo Reach is third Halo FPS to be released this gen, whereas GT5 is the first full GT to be released this gen. GT5 has the best chance of selling more consoles.

However, I think the real difference will be Kinect vs Move and I see Kinect bringing in more new customers than Move. Move will likely sell to current PS3 owners quite nicely but I don't see it expanding the PS3 audience as it's just too similar to Wii. Whether Kinect delivers on promises or not, it's new and different. It's possible negative word of mouth could hinder sales if it doesn't fulfil expectations (technically), but at least for the holiday I see it as trumping PS3/Move.

There's also the newer 360s to take into account which again has kept things fresh.