By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Christmas 2010: PS3 vs Xbox360

You would think people would of learned their lessons now in underestimating Halo's ability to shift hardware and software. Look at today's pre-orders, like 10 weeks away and has 118k pre-orders this week, that is only a few k less then the ENTIRE pre-orders for GT5 since it could be pre-orderd. By the time Reach is released it will have one of the biggest openings for any game in history.

You cannot say that those people who are buying it will not be interested in buying a new console to play it on. The Halo fanatics will buy up those Reach bundles like no tomorrow.

It would not surprise me one bit to see Reach have a bigger effect on hardware sales then GT5. At least in US.

Around the Network

Black Ops a system seller ? er what

Dark_Feanor said:

Why people zealously belive GT5 will drive :) PS3 to sell so much more than any other exclusive. It was the same story with God of War 3,  but we all saw what happened.

Just look at pré-order charts.

Nobody care about GT5 any more. There are many other car simulators on the market. And this generation is ruled by FPS games and Online experiences.

Can any one imagine 2mi people playing GT5 online at the same time?

Who ever said God of War 3 would push major hardware? O.o

As for your other statements, I won't bother replying. 

I can see the PS3 selling whatever it needs in order for SONY to meet their fiscal year projections for Mar 2011. What was it? 15 million. So, with GT5, SOCOM 4, LBP2, MOVE, white sku's, the PS3 will sell enough for SONY to be happy IMO. 

As for 360, I don't know. It could outsell the PS3, but as long as the PS3 sells a lot, then it's all good.

well gt is bigger then halo, but thats not the war to watch. COD black op's 360 v COD black op's PS3 is the war to watch.

we've already seen the 360 version of COD modern ware fare 1and2 and word at war out sell that of the PS3.

so the real question is can Sony's list with COD black ops bring more sells console and software wise to the PS3?

and as for those saying move will fail? it has the same chance as kinect has of succeeding, and kinect is doing just that.

Around the Network

I think that the PS3 will be come out on top this christmahanakwansicah because Kevin Butler is gonna make some awesome commercials for Sony's Move and "Man fursimo Jive." Microsoft will push out reach to people who didnt buy it at launch but those reach xboxs will be long gone by then. They'll also push activision to only use the xbox logo when advertising Black Ops and that will be Microsofts horse to ride on. It might seem like Kinect will interest people but I see them going to Best Buy or Fry's and play the demo game , think it's interesting, but eventually not want it enough to pay the cost for it.

It will be close but i think PS3 will win by a nose.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Jay520 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Why people zealously belive GT5 will drive :) PS3 to sell so much more than any other exclusive. It was the same story with God of War 3,  but we all saw what happened.

Nobody care about GT5 any more. There are many other car simulators on the market. And this generation is ruled by FPS games and Online experiences.

unfounded accusations!

i didn't see wht happened? and if you mean it sold more then the first two then your right. God of war 3 did move hardware(not in big numbers).

and like most others i don't pre-order games and we all know pre-orders pick up as a games release gets closer.

some if not most gamers still don't play online.

i for one have abandoned the FPS genre.

and why can't gt5 sell big numbers or out sell reach. and don't give me that FPS dominating this gen bull! 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Jay520 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

unfounded accusations!

i didn't see wht happened? and if you mean it sold more then the first two then your right. God of war 3 did move hardware(not in big numbers).

and like most others i don't pre-order games and we all know pre-orders pick up as a games release gets closer.

some if not most gamers still don't play online.

i for one have abandoned the FPS genre.

and why can't gt5 sell big numbers or out sell reach. and don't give me that FPS dominating this gen bull! 

1- Yes, you are right. It sold more PS3 but not a major boost. I almost bought one bc of GW3. And for all my friends that only have PC or 360, God of War was the only game they envy PS3 owners.

2- Pre order is a indicator of how much a game is expected. I for the other hand rather buy platinum hits or used games, however in the case of Reach I MUST have my copy at the first day ;)

3- I only play Halo 3 now, and sometimes a friend call me to play MW2. If you check, the big numbers are almost all FPS or TPS or games that embebed this elements (Ex: Mass Effect, Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption).

4- Because it can't, just acept that. That is not a mather of like/dislike a platform or  game genre. That is the reality. I would be surprise if GT5 sell more than half Reach.

How many times do I need to remind people of this?

PS3 2008 Japan sales: 1,065,808 (Includes the week of New years)

PS3 YTD Japan sales: 789,295 (Doesn't include New Years)

PS3 will likely have outsold it's 2008 numbers by the end of August and will likely more double that by the end of the year. 360 only outsold PS3 by 1.3 million that year. People that seriously think 360 will outsell PS3 this year, especially with GT5 coming have really got to start checking the historical data.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

i don't understand it but a resigned case is doing wonders for the 360.

i don't understand it but it seems like people want to waste their mony on kinect.

halo is doing well too but that i get, it looks great.

GT hype seems to be at an all time low despite finally being close to release.

move is all but dead already.

as much as i hate it,..360 is going to beat the ps3 this holiday.  probably by a good margin too. at least i can thank god for lbp2.  the only other thing i have to look forward to this holiday (in terms of sales) is watching the wii fail miserably.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1