By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I return once more with a.. PREDICTION!

Sounds plausible, the Wii has been selling really bad lately, 150K a week now is horrible for the Wii. PS3 will take over Japan soon enough, it's constantly climbing the ladder of sales. As for EMEAA, once GT5 hits the PS3 will be consistently outselling the Wii, for how long is hard to say, it could be for the rest of the gen. Now America is where the PS3 should be doing much better, dunno whats going on there but Sony needs to do something, maybe Move will make a big improvement in America.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

lol welcome back and an impressive way to enter the game again ;)

dito. welcome back. with the way things are right now i'd say your spot on.

Thats a bold statement but for that to happen it needs certain conditions that so far are not clear it will happen

Right now if the ps3 had a price cut, (lets say 50 bucks) it would go past wii in Europe and japan for certain, and sell just about the same in America as the wii, but since it doesn't have that, it will probably remain like this until that price cut actually happens if not no chance

The move launch is to close to the holidays, and on that period i dont see how ps3 can sell better than the wii, especially in america, wii is much more looked at as a gift than the ps3 or the 360, and that alone is enough to pull the wii ahead of both in the most important buying season of the year  

360 is gona bring a good fight to the wii in america for the rest of the year imo with the 360s and halo reach among other things and i thing will be very close to the wii in the holidays, but it will slow down again in europe after the 360s novelty wears off and japan is a lost cause

Wii is slowing down and slowing down fast, not that thats a bad thing it still sells great, whats is important now is to see if the slowing down will stop, and wii steadies at a good number between 150k and 200k a week, clearly it couldn't continue to break records every year  and the holidays will be crucial this year because next year if things continue like this wii will most likely be the number 2 console in america behind 360, and the number 2 in europe and japan behind the ps3 

So for me this year its very unlikely it will be outsold by the ps360 this holiday season but in 2011 its very likely it will be behind the ps360 most of the year 

I think you could be partially right. Japan I see going to PS3 from now on after the white console comes out. If Move is going to be a success in any region it will be there and with GT5, Metal Gear Rising, and Ninokuni coming out I think the overall momentum will be in PS3's favor at least until DQ10 comes out. I'll say that GT5 has the potential to push PS3 ahead of Wii in EMEAA but it's impossible to tell how long-term of an effect it will have. It might be doing it now, for kind of obvious reasons, but 360 will never be able to outsell the Wii on a consistent basis since it doesn't have Japanese support.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

lol, what an entrance!

Around the Network

@ prediction

That's very likely seeing that Microsoft and Sony (especially Microsoft) both stole the spotlight from Nintendo with their new motion controls.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Firstly, welcome back

Secondly, i hope so! Both have the potential to do so!

The Wii is down by a hefty number despite having recieved a pricecut, and it's biggest game. This year they don't really have anything to the size of NSMB, and if MS or Sony's motion controls take off... A lot more demand could be taken from Wii.

360 has it's new Slimline model, and is almost sure to get a pricecut before the year is over. The sales in America this year are already looking amazing. Add in the Arcade, Halo and Kinnect.. You have one hell of a Holidays lined up. That Dance game (I forget the name of it, but it's the really good one out of the 2) will be a hit for sure.

PS3 is "big" in each region, so unlike the 360 it doesn't have to have huge sales in a single region. Europe will be huge on the back of Gran Turismo, and Move if advertised right has the potential to pull in a bunch of the Wii crowd. Give it a small pricecut to make it look slightly better price-wise to it's 2 competitors, or release a flurry of coloured versions for it... We will see sales as big as last year. If Japan sees Versus XIII, we can expect more big sales from there again too. Could see a 1mil week!

Wii, it's going to sell well for sure. But it's way, way down. The games releasing late this year don't have the same selling potential as Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus or NSMB Wii. And with the 2 competitors also releasing Motion Controls for there respective consoles... Add in a new Nintendo Handheld that Ninty will likely have full focus on, we could see the lowest Wii sales during holidays yet.

I think it will be closer than ever before, that's for sure.

As for 2011. I wouldn't be surprised to see 360 > Wii > Ps3 in NA, PS3 > Wii > 360 in EMEAA and PS3 > Wii > 360 in Japan being regular occurences.

I agree with your last comment carl!

mM

The fact is that Wii Party is going to have a very strong opening and might act like NSMBW did, a casual software in the Holidays and Nintendo got it for the Wii.

Carl2291 said:

Firstly, welcome back

Secondly, i hope so! Both have the potential to do so!

The Wii is down by a hefty number despite having recieved a pricecut, and it's biggest game. This year they don't really have anything to the size of NSMB, and if MS or Sony's motion controls take off... A lot more demand could be taken from Wii.

360 has it's new Slimline model, and is almost sure to get a pricecut before the year is over. The sales in America this year are already looking amazing. Add in the Arcade, Halo and Kinnect.. You have one hell of a Holidays lined up. That Dance game (I forget the name of it, but it's the really good one out of the 2) will be a hit for sure.

PS3 is "big" in each region, so unlike the 360 it doesn't have to have huge sales in a single region. Europe will be huge on the back of Gran Turismo, and Move if advertised right has the potential to pull in a bunch of the Wii crowd. Give it a small pricecut to make it look slightly better price-wise to it's 2 competitors, or release a flurry of coloured versions for it... We will see sales as big as last year. If Japan sees Versus XIII, we can expect more big sales from there again too. Could see a 1mil week!

Wii, it's going to sell well for sure. But it's way, way down. The games releasing late this year don't have the same selling potential as Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus or NSMB Wii. And with the 2 competitors also releasing Motion Controls for there respective consoles... Add in a new Nintendo Handheld that Ninty will likely have full focus on, we could see the lowest Wii sales during holidays yet.

I think it will be closer than ever before, that's for sure.

As for 2011. I wouldn't be surprised to see 360 > Wii > Ps3 in NA, PS3 > Wii > 360 in EMEAA and PS3 > Wii > 360 in Japan being regular occurences.

*cough* *cough* Wii Party

Don't underestimate the Wii. Its sales are just quite unpredictable during the Holidays.