By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I return once more with a.. PREDICTION!

guiduc said:

The fact is that Wii Party is going to have a very strong opening and might act like NSMBW did, a casual software in the Holidays and Nintendo got it for the Wii.

The Wii is already flooded with Party games. Incluuding Mario Party. I honestly can't see Wii Party being a system seller. Nowhere near the size that NSMBWii was/is.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
guiduc said:

The fact is that Wii Party is going to have a very strong opening and might act like NSMBW did, a casual software in the Holidays and Nintendo got it for the Wii.

The Wii is already flooded with Party games. Incluuding Mario Party. I honestly can't see Wii Party being a system seller. Nowhere near the size that NSMBWii was/is.

Well, 1) it comes from Nintendo

2) Mario Party sold about 7 million, so Wii Party might be actually a system seller. It has a formula near Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus.

guiduc said:
Carl2291 said:
guiduc said:

Well, 1) it comes from Nintendo

2) Mario Party sold about 7 million, so Wii Party might be actually a system seller. It has a formula near Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus.

Wii Music also came from Nintendo. As did a bunch of other games that didn't sell a whole bunch of systems.

Mario Party sold 7 Million, and a whole bunch more party games have sold over a million already. It will be a big seller, no doubt. But it isn't guaranteed to be a system seller...

Oh man, this is gonna be fun to look back on whichever way it goes.

OT: I agree mostly.

If the Wii has another price cut this xmas, doesn't it go against their hypocritcal statement "we don't like price cuts, it isn't good for the consumer blah blah blah" (don't remember them saying that in the Gamecube era *cough*) and DK and Kirby, although looking great, won't push any significant amount of consoles. If a casual didn't pick up the wii for Wii sports, resort and NSMB last xmas, why the heck would they pick it up for Kirby and DK, I mean, I'm sure SOME will, but no significant numbers we can tell by.

I see GT being the PS3 system seller this xmas, not the move, the entry price $399, the appearence of the PS3 (it doesn't look casual friendly) and the alternatives mean it'll be last on the list for a casual buyer. But as I said, GT will push hard in Europe.

Kinect, it could go either way, whilst I don't see it being a collossal failure, it's up for debate as to if it can do any damage to the Wii. Microsoft must have been hearing/seeing good things in regards to pre orders to launch at $150 and £130 (rip off) in the UK. Also if we don't see a 360 price cut this xmas I'll be surprised, though I think they believe they can sell the 360 on the back of Kinect popularity.

When all is said and done, this will be the 360's best holiday so far, most likely the best PS3 holiday so far. And possibly the Wii's worst? I don't know for sure atm, we'll see if any of the 3 have anymore big cards to play.

It's going to be the first holiday in history where all 3 are close in sales though, that's my prediction anyway.

Kinect and Move bundle prices are the best advertisement the Wii could ask for.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
leo-j said:

As for the question "COMBINED OR INDIVIDUALLY" , that's for you to find out!

Nah, I don't think so.

You outline the specifics. You and I are going to turn this into a bet, depending on what you mean.

Define "holidays 2010 and most of 2011", divide them into logical chunks if applicable. Say whether or not you mean combined or individually.

Depending onn how bold you want to be, let's make us a bet.

Khuutra said:
leo-j said:

As for the question "COMBINED OR INDIVIDUALLY" , that's for you to find out!

Nah, I don't think so.

You outline the specifics. You and I are going to turn this into a bet, depending on what you mean.

Define "holidays 2010 and most of 2011", divide them into logical chunks if applicable. Say whether or not you mean combined or individually.

I think he means individually, it's a dead cert they'll do it combined. Dead cert.

Seece said:
Khuutra said:

Nah, I don't think so.

I think he means individually, it's a dead cert they'll do it combined. Dead cert.

Even that would depend on timeframe. If he wants to say something like "PS3 and 360 combined will outsell Wii in 2011!" then he's not making a prediction at all.

Khuutra said:
Seece said:
Khuutra said:

Nah, I don't think so.

Even that would depend on timeframe. If he wants to say something like "PS3 and 360 combined will outsell Wii in 2011!" then he's not making a prediction at all.

Oct - 31st Dec 10, Nov - Dec 10, Dec 10, 2011, PS360 > Wii every time.

welcome back... i agree mostly with the OP... IMO ninty will have the worst holidays this gen!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4