By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I return once more with a.. PREDICTION!

Hello VGCHARTZ COMMUNITY, I've returned! I am back from my MONTH LONG BAN for being such a TROLL (yes kowenicki  thats why I was banned )

So my trollish ways for posting ON TOPIC and DEVELOPING CONCISE ARGUMENTS have been thrown away, and I am now reverting to my old ways of posting off topic and having crazy conversations with BEN KENOBI on how SONY PLAYSTATION is bigger than MICROSOFT CORP, and how SORIKU PREDICTED THE PS3 WOULD NEVER GET PASSED 5 MILLION LTD SALES! And now I have come back with some news!

"Although this has NOTHING to do with what I just said, which of course was a blatent lie.. " , I come made this thread to create another  PREDICTION BABY! Yes BABY! I'm talking to you guys! (No I am not gay).  BUT BEFORE I DO!!

The XBOX 360 "S" has shown to be a tremendous success, pushing the XBOX 360 platform to the top spot of video game hardware sales for the past month, increasing the PS3/360 gap by another 400-500K so far, and it looks to likely continue for at least another month or so.

The Playstation 3 continues to be a success, as it's currently the most expensive video game console on the market, and continues to show YTD growth, and TREMENDOUS growth in software sales. PS3 should continue to sell well throughout the year, and with Playstation MOVE coming in the late summer, it seems likely ps3 hardware sales can only go up..

Wii is begining to look like the looser despite being the best selling console so far this year..  The wii is DOWN YTD DESPITE BEING CHEAPER NOW THAN IT WAS THIS TIME LAST YEAR. The issue that I see come the fall, is KINect AND move. Especially Move since sony is expected to advertise it as the superior hardware compared to the wii mote (and it looks like it is) and that could potentially psuh people to get a ps3 instead of a wii. As for kinect, another lure for those casual players and a CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE in the long run too.

So what is my prediction?!

I predict... The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 will outsell the Nintendo Wii holidays 2010, and most of 2011.

It looks like that's whats going to happen, I have nothing against the wii nor nintendo, but I do believe that the fact the system is already $199 at retail, has a new color out, and the stand alone without wii sports resort has been selling for $149, shows to me that a price cut may not be enough to pull the wii ahead of both the XBOX 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 for the holidays. In fact..... The ps3 still has a $100 price cut, that can literally take the market by storm, as a consoles bigget sales come from after it  reaches $199.

Japan may go in ps3's favor come the white ps3, and move may really push it towards the ps3 in japan.

So all in all, nintendo needs to do something drastic.. PS3/360 are looking like "nexgen" versions of the wii with MOVE and KINECT(well based on the info I've seen it may not even be as advanced as microsoft claims it is), nexgen online integration, nexgen graphics, HD, true multimedia features, and now 3D with playstation 3..

mM
Around the Network

nope ...they have no Mario, nuff said

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

The Wii is already dead. GTAIV killed it.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Every single holiday it seems like it should be this way imo. The hardware, the games, the online... take your pic.

But Nintendo has somehow come out ahead and they will almost definately continue to do so this holiday.

Its the insurmountable console that is the wii!

Nothing seems to hurt it.

which makes your prediction very bold leo.   Very Bold!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

lol welcome back and an impressive way to enter the game again ;)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Nintendo has come out ahead because of it's motion controller, its casual appeal, and its price.

Now it has none of that as an advantage, or it wont, soon enough. So we'll see

mM
leo-j said:

Nintendo has come out ahead because of it's motion controller, its casual appeal, and its price.

Ditto

but I disagree on one thing, it still has the price factor and the casual friendly image working for them...so it should be interesting to see how this works out

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

welcome back!!!!

..whoever you may be

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Honestly, I think it could partly happen.

PS3 most likely get ahead of Wii on both Europe and Japan on the long run, and X360 will have Americas now no matter what.

But again, last year Wii had a surprising holidays on the USA, giving fuel to those who argue Wii will last through 2013-2014 as first place this gen no matter what.

I don't think a bolt can hit the same place twice, but who knows. I learned to be careful as far as predicting Wii sales goes.

Welcome back.

It looks like the Wii has already peaked, true. But you better never underestimate Nintendo. If I were Big N, I wouldn't care THAT much about the Wii right now to be honest. They have a great line up with Wii Party, DKC, Zelda and Kirby. Those four games will easily sell 20 million copies. Dragon Quest on the Wii in Japan will be sick.

But I think they are really concentrating on the 3DS right now. Internal development must be heavily focused on this new device. Make sure you have an awesome launch line-up and the 1 or 2 years after released are filled with great titles. That is their main task right now.

I don't think both HD systems will outsell the Wii. They will eat in each other sales way too much.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...