By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I return once more with a.. PREDICTION!

leo-j said:

Nintendo has come out ahead because of it's motion controller, its casual appeal, and its price.

If Microsoft and Sony think like you do Nintendo has nothing to fear.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

I don't think a bolt can hit the same place twice, but who knows. I learned to be careful as far as predicting Wii sales goes.

Infamous 2... /logic

:P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Rhonin the wizard said:
leo-j said:

Nintendo has come out ahead because of it's motion controller, its casual appeal, and its price.

If Microsoft and Sony think like you do Nintendo has nothing to fear.

What else did they have that they didn't have last gen?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Wow, Leo-J said something I could agree with! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD!!!!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
DirtyP2002 said:

Welcome back.

It looks like the Wii has already peaked, true. But you better never underestimate Nintendo. If I were Big N, I wouldn't care THAT much about the Wii right now to be honest. They have a great line up with Wii Party, DKC, Zelda and Kirby. Those four games will easily sell 20 million copies. Dragon Quest on the Wii in Japan will be sick.

But I think they are really concentrating on the 3DS right now. Internal development must be heavily focused on this new device. Make sure you have an awesome launch line-up and the 1 or 2 years after released are filled with great titles. That is their main task right now.

I don't think both HD systems will outsell the Wii. They will eat in each other sales way too much.

I believe the ps3 may eat into the wii's sales, and maybe the 360 too, Kinect might be A HUGE attraction for those looking for a new gaming experience.

What I do believe may hurt the wii significantly is JAPAN, and potentially "OTHERS", its clearly beginning to lose its grip in japan, and nintendo as of rigth now has NOTHING to stop that from happening, DQX is the biggest game the wii or any console is going to release in japan, but that comes a year from now I believe. While the PS3 Has heavy hitters too, and more games to support lengthy high sales..  it's almost twice the price of the wii in japan (which shows you that a price cut could have a serious impact). Move and a price cut may push the ps3 WELL ahead of the wii in that region, Europe may go to the ps3 once move comes out.

Move is a huge factor, because it tends to make people believe they can get a similar wii experience on the ps3, and potentially a superior  experience (if sony markets it correctly) which may push those interested in the wii towards the ps3.. Especially since some of the wii's bigger 3rd party games may get pushed onto the ps3 as enhanced ports "Dead space extraction , EA sports Active, are just two of the ones that come to the top of my mind".

Kinect is also a big factor, because not only will it bring huge life into the 360, but its new to the general consumer, and it may attract a huge crowd. Both are win win situations for HD consoles in general, as Bluray continues to become more mainstream, and 3D is beginning to hit the mainstream market. Wii has NONE of that, it aleady has an amazing install base, but it's sales later on may take a huge hit from the competition. So we'll see again..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

Now it has none of that as an advantage, or it wont, soon enough. So we'll see

And its games. Big releases can push the system, and this year will be getting some big'uns.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I don't think it's an outlandish prediction.  Selling 70 million consoles already makes me believe that not only has the Wii peaked, but it has finally saturated the "Casual" market.  Any device can only be the "Gotta have it toy" for so long among the mainstream consumer.  Quite frankly I'm surprised that the Wii was able to maintain the "it" factor for 3 consecutive holidays...and Nintendo should be commended for achieving this. 

With Sony and Microsoft both releasing motion control options this holiday, Nintendo has a piece of the Wii novelty.  Regardless if Move or Kinect manage to expand or cannabilize the Wii market. 

Nintendo has pulled out all the stops when it comes to software for the Wii this year.  That should help them maintain good console sales through the holidays.  But, it may be Nintendo who shows their hand first next year when it comes to their next gen console if sales continue to decline.  Will just have to wait and see what happens this holiday.

Listen leo-j

Do you mean combined?

Do you mean individually?

I didn't request anything, I was tricked by sexual seduction..

ON topic:

As for the question "COMBINED OR INDIVIDUALLY" , that's for you to find out!

mM
Khuutra said:

Listen leo-j

Do you mean combined?

Do you mean individually?

I was wondering the same. I don't think the latter has a prayer of happening. I suppose one of them could beat the Wii, but there's absolutely no way the Wii's coming in third this holiday.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.