By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii vs PS360 - 2010

Snozzle said:

If this is for market share monitoring why not use the market share graph on the homepage? Do you feel the homepage graph is grossly inaccurate or do you have some reason to believe the Wii is suddenly going to break the 50% mark? You do know the PS360 has always held more that 50% especially their first year because the XB360 had a  one year head start over the competition.

You should have started your chartz in 2006 the Wii had only sold 1.08 million by the end of 2006 while the 360 had managed an impressive 3.89 million and the PS3 688,000 for a PS360 total of about 4.6 million.... Man, those were the days back when waggle was a fad and the PS360 enjoyed a 4 to 1 market share.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_2006_sales_figures

BTW I hear "Little Big Halo" is a popular title for the PS360.

I can't be bothered to go that far back, this is about the here and now!

Yeah Little Big Halo is gonna be amaaazing

Around the Network

Cool thread, leaving prints for future reference. There really isn't a lot of big talk about that 50% that's been guaranteed since the end of 2008 now, is there? I wonder what people's lifetime hardware predictions are right now? Merely a year or so ago a lot of folks would say 200 million for the Wii and the vast majority would say 150 and up 170 million. HD consoles remain the same I imagine, none of them have moved tremendous numbers imo, especially during the holidays is where the Wii puts them in the corner to wear the "dunce" hat.

How much spare time do you have anyway!

lol anyway keep up the good work, I'll be watching this thread.

Gilgamesh said:

How much spare time do you have anyway!

lol anyway keep up the good work, I'll be watching this thread.

This one only took about 40 ish minutes!

Just a thought, but if this thread is really meant to keep track of the numbers in terms of that 50% marketshare element, shouldn't it show numbers in terms of that 50% mark?

I'd recommend doing it this way (using made up numbers, due to laziness):

Week Wii PS360 Winner Difference (Wii) LTD Change (Wii)
08/08/10 225,026 235,122 PS360 -1.1% 0.01%

The logic, here, is that the difference is represented as a percentage relative to 50% (so in the example, the Wii represents 48.9% of the marketshare for the week), and then also included is the impact on LTD marketshare percentage going to Wii. Since the Wii is a little under 48.9% of the marketshare at this time (currently 48.5%), getting 48.9% for the week means that the Wii gains slightly in percentage marketshare.

EDIT: Just so people understand, I chose to use Wii as the "positive" just because one had to be chosen, and "Wii" is shorter than "PS360", so the headings of the last two columns is shorter.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:

Just a thought, but if this thread is really meant to keep track of the numbers in terms of that 50% marketshare element, shouldn't it show numbers in terms of that 50% mark?

I'd recommend doing it this way (using made up numbers, due to laziness):

Week Wii PS360 Winner Difference (Wii) LTD Change (Wii)
08/08/10 225,026 235,122 PS360 -1.1% 0.01%

The logic, here, is that the difference is represented as a percentage relative to 50% (so in the example, the Wii represents 48.9% of the marketshare for the week), and then also included is the impact on LTD marketshare percentage going to Wii. Since the Wii is a little under 48.9% of the marketshare at this time (currently 48.5%), getting 48.9% for the week means that the Wii gains slightly in percentage marketshare.

EDIT: Just so people understand, I chose to use Wii as the "positive" just because one had to be chosen, and "Wii" is shorter than "PS360", so the headings of the last two columns is shorter.

Noooooooooo!!! Percentages are too harcore for my mind :(

Above: still the best game of the year.

bazmeistergen said:

Not surprising as the HD systems are pulling out all the stops...

And the Wii stopped putting out good games!!!

I'm kidding. I love my Wii... tons of great games... I use it all the time...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

updated please?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think with both PS3 and X360 getting motion controls the whole wii vs PS360 is become obsolete.

Looks like Secee's been lazy lately