By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do u think ALAN WAKE, will out sell HEAVY RAIN'S 1st day sales ?

do u think ALAN WAKE, will out sell HEAVY RAIN'S 1st day sales ?

yes 94 40.00%

no 86 36.60%

maybe 55 23.40%

Total:235

It will. Simply because it is exclusive to 360 and they always seem to perform better. Probably because 360 fanboys seem to hype the sh.. out of 360 exclusives.
And people in America just buy more games, and in America there are more Xbox 360s.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

All depends on reviews for me. If AW reviews just as good or better then HR then it has a chance. If the reviews come out as poor, then a good portion of people will cancel there pre-orders.

@cgi-quality, thanks.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I think if not, it will be close.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

kowenicki said:
erm.... no

I see Alan wake as a slow burner. And I doubt it will get anywhere near the advertising that heavy rain got. Heavy rain was VERY heavily advertised on TV here in the UK for afew weeks.

Sorry, would this be the same Alan Wake that Microsoft have promised to advertise and market like a summer blockbuster?

Anyway, Heavy Rain opened to half a million. I believe Alan Wake can do 500k+ and so I think it'll win by a little margin.

Around the Network

It has a good chance. I think it'll depends on how well it'll review. I think it's high on peoples radar but they're taking a wait and see approach. So if it reviews well and/or has a good demo then it has a good chance of selling more than Heavy Rain.

Silver-Tiger said:
It will. Simply because it is exclusive to 360 and they always seem to perform better. Probably because 360 fanboys seem to hype the sh.. out of 360 exclusives.
And people in America just buy more games, and in America there are more Xbox 360s.

It used be like that but look at Metro 2033 sales. The game was hyped, got lot of attention but sold only 170k after 3 wks. Heavy Rain was doomed from the start and turned out to be a milion seller.

I think it will easily, I mean it is one of the most hyped up 360 games

mM

i wish m$ would release a alan wake face plate , i would certainly get it. i miss new face plates being released.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Tough it might have a smaller opening, it could potentially have better legs. Its more gameplay focused then HR, and if the reviews and word of mouth are good, then it could even do more IMO. Judging by preorders it might not have a bigger opening, but it could have some great legs

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!