By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do u think ALAN WAKE, will out sell HEAVY RAIN'S 1st day sales ?

do u think ALAN WAKE, will out sell HEAVY RAIN'S 1st day sales ?

yes 94 40.00%

no 86 36.60%

maybe 55 23.40%

Total:235

@coolbeans, yeah your right. i forgot u can do that stuff, i saw a new faceplate i want its for the game "deathsmiles".

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

It is highly possible, considering the amount of hype it has now.

I think that Alan Wake will outsell Heavy Rain because it has traditional controls which makes it more accessible. I think that microsoft will once again flex its marketing muscle to make sure that everyone knows about this game closer to launch. Also people are more familiar with remedy due to their work with max payne than people were with quantic dream so that is also going to help them.

internet hype for alan wake or any game for that matter is not = to general public hype.You know what my friend with 360 told me when i told him i was excited for the game(Alan wake)???he said the game is like silent hill which is boring and shitty. I got into an argument that it's THE best X360 game imo ,,,,

he was all like no gears rips this apart.This is another silent hill clone(which is not the case imo ,,,i think this is how alone in the dark should have been done). I honestly am starting to believe that only minority of X360 owners are interested in genres other than action/shooting.I know it's cliche but i have been proven on several occasion.

so alan wake has that working against it on X360 crowd.Hope i m proven wrong.

Its a MS exclusive, so I think MS will help advertise this one. If not, then who knows. Don't really care too much, I'm sure it'll be a million seller regardless. I won't be getting it week 1 seeing as I still got a handful of games I want to finish first.

I picked maybe

Around the Network

Probably. It seems to have decent advertising build and as an action title with more traditional controls and unless it doesn't start strong I think US sales should drive it higher than HR initially.

If it's good and has strong word of mouth then I expect decent legs, too.

I'd be surprised if Alan Wake didn't sell more simply as it feels like a solid, polished title vs a more experimental title which should appeal well to the 360's install base.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:
erm.... no

I see Alan wake as a slow burner. And I doubt it will get anywhere near the advertising that heavy rain got. Heavy rain was VERY heavily advertised on TV here in the UK for afew weeks.

Sorry, would this be the same Alan Wake that Microsoft have promised to advertise and market like a summer blockbuster?

Anyway, Heavy Rain opened to half a million. I believe Alan Wake can do 500k+ and so I think it'll win by a little margin.

pardon me for breathing... I hadn't seen that. jesus.

anyway I hope they do advertise it that well, looks like it deserves it.

Overreacting a little maybe? Or is it that time of the month?

@OP I think that Alan Wake will be a bit frontloaded, I'm not sure if horror game is that kind of genre which appeals to wider audience. But I think that it will outsell Heavy Rain in the end. Heavy Rain is a niche experience ("no-game") while Alan Wake is your classical third person shooter, which is the second most popular genre this gen.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I have a bad feeling that it will flop in term of sales despite being an amazing game.

It has a good chance but I doubt it...let's see what happens :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Easily. Alan Wake 750K first week.