By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do u think ALAN WAKE, will out sell HEAVY RAIN'S 1st day sales ?

do u think ALAN WAKE, will out sell HEAVY RAIN'S 1st day sales ?

yes 94 40.00%

no 86 36.60%

maybe 55 23.40%

Total:235

It probably will, only because PS3 owners are spoilt for choice at the moment.  360 owners haven't had a hell of a lot to play this year, so they'll jump on it.   HR should have a higher lifetime sales (especially if it's Move compatable)

The dude abides   

Around the Network

nah i dont think it will

Slimebeast said:
Easily. Alan Wake 750K first week.

easily?judging by preorders,similar release of rdr and i think ufc,it has zero to none chance of 750k first week.

ot-i dont think it ll sell more than hr first week,maybe similar or less,but more or more by large margin?no

kowenicki said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:
erm.... no

I see Alan wake as a slow burner. And I doubt it will get anywhere near the advertising that heavy rain got. Heavy rain was VERY heavily advertised on TV here in the UK for afew weeks.

Sorry, would this be the same Alan Wake that Microsoft have promised to advertise and market like a summer blockbuster?

Anyway, Heavy Rain opened to half a million. I believe Alan Wake can do 500k+ and so I think it'll win by a little margin.

pardon me for breathing... I hadn't seen that. jesus.

anyway I hope they do advertise it that well, looks like it deserves it.

Overreacting a little maybe? Or is it that time of the month?

@OP I think that Alan Wake will be a bit frontloaded, I'm not sure if horror game is that kind of genre which appeals to wider audience. But I think that it will outsell Heavy Rain in the end. Heavy Rain is a niche experience ("no-game") while Alan Wake is your classical third person shooter, which is the second most popular genre this gen.

is there really any need for snide remarks?  actually.. dont answer that.  rhetorical.

I find it incredibly ironic coming from him

Perhaps, its not a very famous titles though, not outside nerds like us anyway. I supposes it will come down to advertising in any case.

Around the Network

I personally think it comes down to review scores... if it gets 9+, it will sell better than Heavy Rain.

8+, might be around the same

7+, well, you get the message.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:
erm.... no

I see Alan wake as a slow burner. And I doubt it will get anywhere near the advertising that heavy rain got. Heavy rain was VERY heavily advertised on TV here in the UK for afew weeks.

Sorry, would this be the same Alan Wake that Microsoft have promised to advertise and market like a summer blockbuster?

Anyway, Heavy Rain opened to half a million. I believe Alan Wake can do 500k+ and so I think it'll win by a little margin.

pardon me for breathing... I hadn't seen that. jesus.

anyway I hope they do advertise it that well, looks like it deserves it.

Overreacting a little maybe? Or is it that time of the month?

@OP I think that Alan Wake will be a bit frontloaded, I'm not sure if horror game is that kind of genre which appeals to wider audience. But I think that it will outsell Heavy Rain in the end. Heavy Rain is a niche experience ("no-game") while Alan Wake is your classical third person shooter, which is the second most popular genre this gen.

is there really any need for snide remarks?  actually.. dont answer that.  rhetorical.

I find it incredibly ironic coming from him

me? or him? lol

Him!

heedstone said:

It probably will, only because PS3 owners are spoilt for choice at the moment.  360 owners haven't had a hell of a lot to play this year, so they'll jump on it.   HR should have a higher lifetime sales (especially if it's Move compatable)

I can't believe it took 5 pages to get the obligatory "Of course it will sell well, 360 doesn't have any games coming out!" statement. You're way late heedstone, also really really wrong.

OT: I'm not sure, it could, Heavy Rain really surprised me with it's first day/week sales though. What are preorders looking like? Do they indicate >500,000? I went with maybe, because I'm a wuss.

CommonMan said:
heedstone said:

I can't believe it took 5 pages to get the obligatory "Of course it will sell well, 360 doesn't have any games coming out!" statement. You're way late heedstone, also really really wrong.

OT: I'm not sure, it could, Heavy Rain really surprised me with it's first day/week sales though. What are preorders looking like? Do they indicate >500,000? I went with maybe, because I'm a wuss.

I can't see how my statement is wrong.  Gamers only have a finite amount of time and money.  There have been more AAA titles released on PS3 this year so there is a lot more competition on the PS3 than the 360.  Therefore, if 2 equally good games are released on both consoles, the 360 will sell more. 

I really can't fathom how you can argue otherwise.

The dude abides   

i would think Alan wake will sell more. alan wake looks good, from what i've read plays good, is getting decent promotion from MS. for me the difference is that alan wake is a bit more traditional which is really a way of saying it probably has better mass appeal. originally, i thought AW would post number similar to what HR sold but that's when i thought HR would bomb. i guess that means my faith in humanity has been somewhat restored allowing for somewhat more optimistic expectations for AW.