By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reviewers needed! Apply now!

Are you a budding young gamer and writer, looking to have your work read by tens of thousands of people? VGChartz wants you! Our review staff is currently in need of a boost. VGChartz is a rapidly growing review site with tens of thousands of unique review hits a week, and is a trusted site for gamerankings.com. We continue to expand rapidly as we get more review copies and more hits! This is mostly a volunteer position. However, you will get some minor compensation for hits on your reviews, paid at the end of the month, and some free games via review copies.

I am currently looking for Xbox 360 reviewers, Wii reviewers, DS reviewers, and PSP reviewers. You are welcome to apply for positions for multiple systems!

Applicants must live in the United States of America or Canada. This is because this current reviewer recruitment drive is specifically to bolster our reviewers capable of recieving review copies. You are not guaranteed review copies, but we get a fair number and need more reviewers who can accept them.

All reviewers are required to release an average of one review per month, and cannot skip more than one month of releases. This means that if you release 2 reviews in July you are good through August, but need to release at least one review in September even if you released 5 in July. This is to ensure consistent releases on the website.

When you write your review it will go through our active editing process on the staff forums. During this process our content and copy editors check your review for consistency, completeness, scoring, and proper spelling and grammar. Review copies when available are offered first to those reviewers who A) take both the good and bad review copies and B) release consistently and quickly when they sign up for a game.

So how do you apply? It's simple; just send me a review sample of a game VGChartz has not yet reviewed and was released within 90 days from today via private message on this website. Please use our scoring system when submitting a sample review. Screenshots are not necessary for samples, but your review should read similarly to the ones already on the site. Use our reviews as an example. If your review doesn't look similar in style, length, or content to ours then you probably need to make some signifficant changes before submitting an application. There are no prerequisites for becoming a reviewer. You can join the site today and still apply. I will however take moderation history into account. Reviewers are members of VGChartz staff, and your behavior will reflect the website. It cannot hurt to apply however, and if you are concerned about your moderation history feel free to speak to me about it.

After submitting an application you will get a response from me within 2-3 days about whether it is under consideration or not, but approval as a reviewer can take up to a week, so please be patient. We have a lot of applications to sort through when we do these recruitment drives, and the editing staff as well as myself will be looking through the applications.

If you have any questions whatsoever feel free to message me on VGChartz, email me at npantazis@vgchartz.com, or message me on my AIM "naznatips."

You must write a review we haven't yet done, and is for a game no more than 90 days old.\

Our Reviewers are currently already reviewing these games:

Blaster Master Overdrive (WW / March) - Elgefe
Dante's Inferno (PSP / March) - Signal
Dead or Alive Paradise (PSP / March) - Signal
Fragile (Wii / March) - O-D-C
Glory Of Heracles (DS / March) - O-D-C
Just Cause 2 (everything / March) - Machina
Mega Man 10 (everything / March) - Sensei
Metro 2033 (360 / March) - Havok
Moto GP (360 / March)
Patchwork Heroes (PSP / March) - SSJ
Pokemon HG/SS (DS / March) - Sensei
Red Steel 2 (Wii / March) - Mr. Nice
Resonance of Fate (PS360 / March) - Tor
Sonic Colleciton (DS / March) - Naz
Star Ocean International (PS3 / March) - Naz
Yakuza 3 (PS3 / March) - Naz

And have already reviewed these games:

http://news.vgchartz.com/index.php?tfilter=Review&cfilter=All&sort=Most%20Recent&author=

Check our Review Methodology Page for more information on our review process

Around the Network

Send me a ps360 game and I will write you a review for it. Or tell me a game needing reviewed and I will see if I can afford to buy it and get a review going.

Edit: I can do psp too

More still? Whoa.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I think it's great that we already do more reviews than most other sites, yet you still want to expand the team much further.

Awesome stuff

Wait no one reviewing DA:Awakening, Bad Company 2?

Around the Network

Posting to remind myself to get on this when I get home.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

markers said:

Send me a ps360 game and I will write you a review for it. Or tell me a game needing reviewed and I will see if I can afford to buy it and get a review going.

Edit: I can do psp too

It doesn't work that way--you need to show us your writing skills before we approve you to get review copies.

As for the rest of your comment, like Naz said, any game released in the last 90 days that we haven't already reviewed will do.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

You dont need anymore PS3 reviewers? My 360 is broke and my daughter has the Wii at her house.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

We sit here and argue about reviews...but would anyone really want to review games for a living?
Having to play that shitty 40 hour sandbox game till the end...yikes!

But its cool that VGchartz lets people pick the games they want to review.

naznatips said:

Applicants must live in the United States of America or Canada.

Stop rubbing it in my face !