By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reviewers needed! Apply now!

Y'know, I'd be tempted this time around, but the whole non-UK-based thing is an issue. That said, I buy so many games that I could supply my own, I suppose.

Any reason games can't be shipped to the UK?

Around the Network
JerzeeBalla said:
You dont need anymore PS3 reviewers? My 360 is broke and my daughter has the Wii at her house.

If anything, we need fewer PS3 reviewers. Sorry.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hapimeses said:
Y'know, I'd be tempted this time around, but the whole non-UK-based thing is an issue. That said, I buy so many games that I could supply my own, I suppose.

Issue is that right now we don't ship the games, the publisher ships them and it's all dependent on how far they're willing to send them.  Plus the issue of some platforms having region locks.

I wouldn't want to get into writing reviews again. It's a really shitty job (whether you get paid to do it or not, doesn't matter). Whenever you give a well-liked game a bad score, you're gonna get harrassed by fanboys (mail bombs, being mailed dodgy .exe files, being harrassed on XBL/PSN, etc.) Even if you give positive reviews, you still get harrassed if you gave the game "only" a 9.3 or something. I hate gamers.

Hapimeses said:

Yes, and no.

Games can, in theory, be shipped anywhere in the world. But US delivery is faster and cheaper.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I would have applied with Blaster Master Overdrive but it seems to have already been taken.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

You forgot to put Fragile on the list...
I might do this but I'm not sure...If I do it I will be doing Warioware D.I.Y...

Former something....

Only US/Canada, eh?
Can an existing staff member apply while reviewing his own copies of the games?

Torillian said:
Hapimeses said:

Issue is that right now we don't ship the games, the publisher ships them and it's all dependent on how far they're willing to send them.  Plus the issue of some platforms having region locks.

That makes sense.

I'm a professional writer (I write RPG games for a living) and a pretty serious gamer, so it'd be nice to have a side-gig reviewing for fun (just one review a month could hardly be described as onerous, after all), but my current gaming preferences hardly match your requirements (I'm mostly on PC and PS3 these days), and my location puts me right out.

Never mind; perhaps another time.

Xen said:

Only US/Canada, eh?
Can an existing staff member apply while reviewing his own copies of the games?

you editted it out, but I'm curious what BK1 stood for.