By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reviewers needed! Apply now!

Torillian said:
Xen said:

Only US/Canada, eh?
Can an existing staff member apply while reviewing his own copies of the games?

you editted it out, but I'm curious what BK1 stood for.

Yeah, just skimming through the requirements I missed the fact that the game given in the application has to be no more than 90 days older than this post. BK1 is Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, a 2003 Gamecube game, hence I edited it out.

Around the Network
loves2splooge said:
I wouldn't want to get into writing reviews again. It's a really shitty job (whether you get paid to do it or not, doesn't matter). Whenever you give a well-liked game a bad score, you're gonna get harrassed by fanboys (mail bombs, being mailed dodgy .exe files, being harrassed on XBL/PSN, etc.) Even if you give positive reviews, you still get harrassed if you gave the game "only" a 9.3 or something. I hate gamers.

The key to solving that problem is to not give a crap about what anybody else thinks

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Xen said:
Torillian said:
Xen said:

Only US/Canada, eh?

Yeah, just skimming through the requirements I missed the fact that the game given in the application has to be no more than 90 days older than this post. BK1 is Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, a 2003 Gamecube game, hence I edited it out.

ohhh....Baten Kaitos, I was thinking Banjo Kazooie which would be even more inelligible.

It seems that the country that I live in has led to me being unable to write reviews for VGChartz. It is a shame because I am able to write reviews that can occupy someone for a long period of time.

Torillian said:
Xen said:
Torillian said:
Xen said:

Only US/Canada, eh?

ohhh....Baten Kaitos, I was thinking Banjo Kazooie which would be even more inelligible.

Haha, yeah. So far, I have nothing to apply with because the only game I bought this YEAR is FF XIII which Havok already reviewed... I'm having monetary issues which prevent me from buying any games aside from the really special ones.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
loves2splooge said:
I wouldn't want to get into writing reviews again. It's a really shitty job (whether you get paid to do it or not, doesn't matter). Whenever you give a well-liked game a bad score, you're gonna get harrassed by fanboys (mail bombs, being mailed dodgy .exe files, being harrassed on XBL/PSN, etc.) Even if you give positive reviews, you still get harrassed if you gave the game "only" a 9.3 or something. I hate gamers.

The key to solving that problem is to not give a crap about what anybody else thinks

It's very easy to not give a crap about what these crazy gamers think. The hard part is having to deal with all the mail bombs and viruses that are sent to your e-mail and being interrupted in the middle of a gaming session by jackasses on XBL/PSN or whatever.

loves2splooge said:
Kantor said:
loves2splooge said:

It's very easy to not give a crap about what these crazy gamers think. The hard part is having to deal with all the mail bombs and viruses that are sent to your e-mail and being interrupted in the middle of a gaming session by jackasses on XBL/PSN or whatever.

I've never had the issue, I think we just aren't a big enough site for that to happen yet.  Once people really care about what scores we gave games (like perhaps when we're on meta) then maybe I'll start getting some harassment.

so us British don't count? :(:(

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I could do it but it would have to be in french :P

I could traduct reviews! jk jk

I'm from Canada, and have a lot of free time on my hands. I'll do it. If you send me a game, I'll cook up a nice review for you. I own a Wii and a DSlite. Someone get in touch with me to make this happen for sure.

I just finished Fragile Dreams yesterday. I'll write something up for that.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m