By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sony bias is reflected in VGChartz news articles

Don't like the news, then submit some yourself.

Don't like the news team, find us some pro-360 people who are good at, or willing enough to find news and write about it.

Oh, and just a few things for this Month to take note on.
Heavy Rain blowouts.
God of War 3 blowouts.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Is that 48 P3 focussed articles or 48 playstation articles?

if its just playstation articles isn't the answer damn obvious? There are 3 PS consoles out right now, 1 Microsoft console

Read the OP thoroughly.

I did, hence my question

if I hadn't have read it, my question wouldn't have been what it was.

it seems you mean PS3 articles

well maybe PS3 has more news right now & finally why is it such a big deal?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Carl2291 said:
Don't like the news, then submit some yourself.

Don't like the news team, find us some pro-360 people who are good at, or willing enough to find news and write about it.

Oh, and just a few things for this Month to take note on.
Heavy Rain blowouts.
God of War 3 blowouts.

There's been Splinter Cell and Mass Effect blowouts too, it's just that no one posted them.

Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:
blame the Microsoft oriented contributors. I've seen them been brought on the team, but fail to post news, and then dropped off the team because they aren't contributing. By no means has VGChartz not given Microsoft oriented contributors a chance. However, Sony oriented contributors are actually doing their jobs.

If you want to be a news contributor, talk with elgefe.

But Nordlead, u have missed the essence of the problem if that's the only thing u can say.

Is it right that the amount of news should reflect the ratio of fans? Because the Xbox fans have a much much smaller pool of potential recruits.

that isn't what I said though. VGChartz brings on 3 Sony contributors, and 3 Microsoft contributors. The microsoft contributors don't do their job and are tossed off the team. The 3 sony contributors actually contribute. Had the microsoft contributors contributed, then there would be equal amount of news. The overall forum ratio has nothing to do with the number of contributors brought on.

I don't run the news, but I've seen this happen. (edit: i also don't know exactly what the current situation is because I haven't been keeping up with who is on the general news contribution team)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

You are very upset because there aren't that many articles aimed at the 360 than there are that are aimed at the PS3... Isn't that a bit... well... sad?

Around the Network

This sounds more like a winge to me. What do you want done about it? Ban half the PS3 supporters from using the site so the ratio is more half and half????

nordlead said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:
blame the Microsoft oriented contributors. I've seen them been brought on the team, but fail to post news, and then dropped off the team because they aren't contributing. By no means has VGChartz not given Microsoft oriented contributors a chance. However, Sony oriented contributors are actually doing their jobs.

But Nordlead, u have missed the essence of the problem if that's the only thing u can say.

Is it right that the amount of news should reflect the ratio of fans? Because the Xbox fans have a much much smaller pool of potential recruits.

that isn't what I said though. VGChartz brings on 3 Sony contributors, and 3 Microsoft contributors. The microsoft contributors don't do their job and are tossed off the team. The 3 sony contributors actually contribute. Had the microsoft contributors contributed, then there would be equal amount of news. The overall forum ratio has nothing to do with the number of contributors brought on.

I don't run the news, but I've seen this happen. (edit: i also don't know exactly what the current situation is because I haven't been keeping up with who is on the general news contribution team)

Okay, but maybe we always need to have twice as much MS contributors as Sony contributors, because the MS guys are lazy?

I think it's the end result that matters.

Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:

We do news on a volunteer basis, you can't expect people to go searching for news about stuff they don't really care about if you aren't giving them a sallary.  As Nordlead said, we've brought on 360 contributors specifically to fix this problem and they haven't worked out.  Find us some good 360 oriented contributors and you can singlehandedly fix the problem instead of just lamenting it.

your upset because ... of that? come on now, thats not really like you eh?

To be fair, IGN has more xbox news... It depends which site you are on.