By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sony bias is reflected in VGChartz news articles

Slimebeast said:
Kantor said:
Slimebeast said:
papflesje said:
That you pick out the Japanese ones, I can understand.
Why is the European news not newsworthy?

Because not every bundle needs it's own news! I think it's ridiculous. And the Collectiors Ed. part of that news was only about the package design, the package contents itself has already been revealed in news before. Just make a thread about it in the Sony forum and all the interested people can drool as usual.

Only thanks to VGC I am aware of all these 250GB HDD Euro game bundles by Sony lol. Almost every Sony exclusive has his own lol. Apparently!

If it is about a popular game, and it would be of some interest to people, then it is newsworthy.

And I hate to do this, I really do. But:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6670

God of War III Retail Information. 2798 views. 2798 people (or thereabouts) interested enough to read the article.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6673

Mass Effect II Trailer. 298 views. 298 people (or thereabouts) who wanted to see that trailer.

Clearly, people are more interested in the first article. So, if anything, isn't it the MEII trailer that is un-newsworthy?

To be honest, I would say that right there is more peculiar than anything to do with the contributors...package art related to GoWIII garners more interest than an ME2 trailer? Only on VGC

Do you believe that represents the popularity between the two games in gerenal though? Even on the internet?

No! It just shows the problem with this site, namely the split and bias in population between Sony and Xbox. On Gametrailers the split is a lot more even - 11 mill total views for God of War III, 6 mill for Mass Effect 2.

You have proved my point.

And how is this our problem? You just proved that there's more demographics in the site interested in Sony news, not that we have a Sony bias as stated in your OP

Around the Network

I swear last couple of days ago. I saw a lot 360 related stuff on the news article without any Sony news article on the front. It's all Nintendo and MS related stuff.

@ Kowen and Slimebeast haven't you guys notice this past few days a lot of stuff happening to Sony. Sony bundles, PSP limited edition. Announcement of P3P for NA, The wand was finally named "arc". Heavy Rain boxart, GOW collectors edition and list go on.

as for the 360 it revolves around Mass effect, Halo: reach, Splinter Cell, Alan wake, some Natal stuff and some negative article about MS (Pachter ones). Actually it's mostly Mass Effect 2.