By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sony bias is reflected in VGChartz news articles

Torillian said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:
blame the Microsoft oriented contributors. I've seen them been brought on the team, but fail to post news, and then dropped off the team because they aren't contributing. By no means has VGChartz not given Microsoft oriented contributors a chance. However, Sony oriented contributors are actually doing their jobs.

If you want to be a news contributor, talk with elgefe.

But Nordlead, u have missed the essence of the problem if that's the only thing u can say.

Is it right that the amount of news should reflect the ratio of fans? Because the Xbox fans have a much much smaller pool of potential recruits.

We do news on a volunteer basis, you can't expect people to go searching for news about stuff they don't really care about if you aren't giving them a sallary.  As Nordlead said, we've brought on 360 contributors specifically to fix this problem and they haven't worked out.  Find us some good 360 oriented contributors and you can singlehandedly fix the problem instead of just lamenting it.

I understand the problem but what if it never happens that we 'find' enough MS contributors? So will the Sony fans decide what's the 'right' amount of news, even if the MS side can't keep up with it. I think that's unfair.

There are other solutions. The staff could restrict the amount of news by Sony contributors.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Torillian said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:
blame the Microsoft oriented contributors. I've seen them been brought on the team, but fail to post news, and then dropped off the team because they aren't contributing. By no means has VGChartz not given Microsoft oriented contributors a chance. However, Sony oriented contributors are actually doing their jobs.

But Nordlead, u have missed the essence of the problem if that's the only thing u can say.

Is it right that the amount of news should reflect the ratio of fans? Because the Xbox fans have a much much smaller pool of potential recruits.

We do news on a volunteer basis, you can't expect people to go searching for news about stuff they don't really care about if you aren't giving them a sallary.  As Nordlead said, we've brought on 360 contributors specifically to fix this problem and they haven't worked out.  Find us some good 360 oriented contributors and you can singlehandedly fix the problem instead of just lamenting it.

I understand the problem but what if it never happens that we 'find' enough MS contributors? So will the Sony fans decide what's the 'right' amount of news, even if the MS side can't keep up with it. I think that's unfair.

There are other solutions. The staff could restrict the amount of news by Sony contributors.

That doesn't make sense, that means you just want the illusion of equality.  It makes much more sense to find more MS contributors so that we can increase the MS related news to match that of the PS3 related news, your way just ends up with less news, punishing the Sony fans because we can't find MS contributors doesn't really sound fair to me either.

edit: if things are being posted that aren't worthy of being news then I can see your plan, but just restricting it to make MS fans feel better isn't a good way to go.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
your upset because ... of that? come on now, thats not really like you eh?

This isn't just about me. I'm speaking on behalf of the Xbox community on VGChartz lol.

Slimebeast said:
Torillian said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:

Why are you getting so serious over this?

News is NEWS. What if Sony just plain has more news than Microsoft?

Restricting the amount of Sony news because there isn't even Microsoft news, or like nordlead has stated before, the MS contributors aren't doing their job properly?

That's the wrong thing to do.

disolitude said:
To be fair, IGN has more xbox news... It depends which site you are on.

This is true, so think of us as the balance in the Force!!!!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Torillian said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:

And thus reduce site hits? No... That wont happen at all.

This is ridiculous. It's no one's fault that the three contributors that would have a "MS preference" (I hate to use this term, but let's just say that they'd be more interested in Xbox news than the rest) were all demoted for not posting. Did you apply for the job? Did anyone else apply? No, they didn't. Tough luck. Our three newest additions are Xen, Flow and Havok, they weren't hired for their "console preference", they were hired because we saw they're damn good at writing, and their hiring has proven quite positive. Besides, it's not our fault that no one even cares to submit a user-made news which we'd gladly post.

It's so good to complain when you don't do anything to solve.

Also, limit the amount of news? Don't make me laugh. Why would we limit them? They bring a lot of hits, they're popular, people like them. Let me give you a tip, this site is governed by HITS. News bring HITS. Therefore, more news = good for the site. Suggesting limiting the amount of posted news, is, frankly, a nonsensical idea that's 100% detrimental to the future of this site

Not another meltdown thread / post...

Sony has tons more internal studios than MS, so it's very likely it will generate more news. More and / or arguably better exclusives will always generate more info threads too.

Plus, PS3 also has a lot more fans worldwide, it shows on the net too, so it's only natural there's more "hype" around PS3 than around MS.

Once again, MS should open or buy more studios and release more quality 1st party exclusives (or buy them), it would generate more hype and it would definitely help saleswise. The day they do that, people will love them the same way. It's all about content and what they bring to the industry.

Torillian said:
Slimebeast said:
Torillian said:
Slimebeast said:
nordlead said:

That doesn't make sense, that means you just want the illusion of equality.  It makes much more sense to find more MS contributors so that we can increase the MS related news to match that of the PS3 related news, your way just ends up with less news, punishing the Sony fans because we can't find MS contributors doesn't really sound fair to me either.

edit: if things are being posted that aren't worthy of being news then I can see your plan, but just restricting it to make MS fans feel better isn't a good way to go.

Yes, I prefer an illusion of equality over total submission lol.

mario64 said:

Not another meltdown thread / post...

Sony has tons more internal studios than MS, so it's very likely it will generate more news. More and / or arguably better exclusives will always generate more info threads too.

Plus, PS3 also has a lot more fans worldwide, it shows on the net too, so it's only natural there's more "hype" around PS3 than around MS.

Once again, MS should open or buy more studios and release more quality 1st party exclusives (or buy them), it would generate more hype and it would definitely help saleswise. The day they do that, people will love them the same way. It's all about content and what they bring to the industry.

I'd like to see a post from you that doesn't take a shot at the 360. Just once.

OT: I've gotten used to it, I go elsewhere for 360 news. I come here for numbers and arguing with mario64 in the forums.