By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour : Insomniac going multiplateform

http://www.split-screen.com/2009/12/25/rumour-insomniacs-next-game-a-multi-platform-survival-horror/

25 Dec

Rumour: Insomniac’s Next Game a Multi-Platform, Survival-Horror

Insomniac Games first made a reputation for itself with the Spyro series, before moving onto Ratchet & Clank in the Playstation 2 era. It was only natural that people would associate them with cartoonish games but they stunned everyone with Resistance, a gritty sci-fi FPS with surprising elements of horror incorporated into the creature design. It shouldn’t be so surprising that Insomniac’s next title would be in the same mature vein but interestingly, they’re next effort will be going multi-platform.

According to our sources, development of the title is still very hush-hush and it hasn’t even been given a final name yet. However, it is certain the game will come out for the PS3 and XBox 360 in the foreseeable future. This will mark the first time Insomniac will depart from it’s tradition of Playstation-only development, having released 13 games over a period of…er, 13 years for the PS1, PS2 and PS3 systems (the PSP Ratchet titles were handled by High Impact Games. This track record of Insomniac lead many to believe that it was a first-party studio owned by Sony Computer Entertainment, who also published the majority of it’s games. However, as indicated everywhere and in official press releases, Insomniac is indeed a wholly independent console games developer. Stay tuned for more details.

==> what do you think ? I dont know why but ... considering how average were R1/R2 I m not sure it is a big failure ...

I was even thinkking that making R3 would be an error and i m still hoping it will not be released.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Maybe.

Whatever happens, i wish them the best of luck.

Sony will probably just go ahead and put them alongside Naughty Dog if this is the case (or atleast they should)

I wish them the best!

Now where's bungie?

After inFamous, I hold no grudges :D

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

It makes sense to go multiplatform if you think about it.

PS: They did not stun me with Resistance, it was good but not great. The R&C games are miles better imo and is clearly their venue!

Ajescent said:

Er... Sucker Punch made Infamous.

Ajescent said:

Wut?

Ajescent said:

...uh...yo-....you're thinking of Sucker Punch

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

hmm insomniac have a great partnership with sony and all there fans are ps3 owners this could go really well or very wrong... ie some fans may feel betrayed or 360 owners may not take to there games