By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour : Insomniac going multiplateform

Severance said:
multi or not, all they need is more recognition , they're been living under Naughty Dog's shadow for too long.

R&C games sold more on PS2 than Jak&Daxter and R&C and Resistance games have sold more this gen than Uncharted series. I really don't see how they live under Naughty Dog's shadow.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:
Severance said:
multi or not, all they need is more recognition , they're been living under Naughty Dog's shadow for too long.

R&C games sold more on PS2 than Jak&Daxter and R&C and Resistance games have sold more this gen than Uncharted series. I really don't see how they live under Naughty Dog's shadow.

who is the more popular developer? and Resistance sold more because it was the first good game on PS3, and because its been here for long.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

This rumor reminds me a lot of the Bungie going multiplat rumors...

Bungie can and should (probably will) develop multiplat in the future

KillerMan said:
Severance said:

That's because there are 4 Insomniac games and only 2 Naughty Dog games

Around the Network

Price said that if they wanted to they could but then went on and flat out denied they wanted to... thats the owner. I put more stock in his words.

they can do what they want for all i care. They have not made a really good game since spyro. Yh they are better then the average dev but ratchet has never been my thing. Nor has resistance. No1 was ok but 2 looked crap and the R&C games look like a poor mans Jak n Daxter.

I wish them luck. and the best game they have made since spyro games is R&C ACIT. but they sre still not at the top of the food chain but they are still better then most 3rd partys

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I find this hard to believe.

4 ≈ One

I guess Resistance 2 needed Killzone 2-like graphics to be a great game.
I hope this is true, they deserve more recognition.
They have great games and would probably benefit going multi-platform.

Well Ratchet and Clank is supposedly over now so a new IP is obviously on the cards, and I think survival horror has always been rumoured too.

Not sure on the multiplatform thing though, I'm sure they're considering it but it's probably too early for Sony to decide if they want to get exclusivity or not - the game hasn't even got a name yet.