By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour : Insomniac going multiplateform

libellule said:

==> what do you think ? I dont know why but ... considering how average were R1/R2 I m not sure it is a big failure ...

I was even thinkking that making R3 would be an error and i m still hoping it will not be released.

Wow this must be a fucking joke right? They both scored mid-high 80's on metacritic; resistance sold 3.6 million (granted there weren't many games to choose from, but still) and Resistance 2 is a very solid 1.75 million with competition from games like Cod, Killzone, etc.

How did you decide it was average? I hope they do a Resistance 3 and make it amazing. Bring back the health system and weapon selection menu from the first game, improve the graphics, creative new guns/enemies/locations and it will be amazing.

OT: I have no problem with Insomniac going multiplat, even though that would suck for us PS3 fanboys. Just please don't do a survival horror game, the market is becoming oversaturated with survival horror games.

Around the Network

if they do i wish them the best of luck and i will still continue to support them, like i have this generation.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

MakoInfused said:

Bungie can and should (probably will) develop multiplat in the future

This really has no place in the thread, but I'll bite.

While SCE has been very supportive of Insomniac, it hasn't been NEAR the commitment that MGS has shown to Bungie.  MGS has made Bungie's Halo releases events and Bungie has benefited so much by having their excellent games marketed so well.

Thus there is no reasonable reason to compare the two in as to their respective relationships with their current publishing partners.

I just dont think it is true, the 2 series they have this gen are both owned by Sony so its not like those will ever go multi-plat. I know they are talking about a new series but I still just dont see it. I think they know that with any project they start Sony will fund it like they have in the past, so to give that up would be foolish.

Eh... they made the R-Series right? well, thats nothing to great, glad 360 only owners may get a chance to play a strongly bias dev teams game.

Around the Network

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22635

I guess that link pretty much destroys " the sources" of the guy who wrote the article.

Insomniac gets funding and publishing from Sony, so it would be a mistake to leave them.

It would be an insult to the fans of the resistance franchise to just stop it there, especially after the lame ending of R2.

Severance said:
heruamon said:
ZzzzzZzzzzz...Best of luck to them, but I'll wait to see what they can do. Sorry, but already a host of top notch FPS developers for the 360, so they are jsut another one to add to the list.

they don't just make FPSs you know? there is something else that they are VERY VERY good at.

Oh...I thought I read that it would be a FPS.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

ffirebrand_cloud said:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22635

I guess that link pretty much destroys " the sources" of the guy who wrote the article.

Insomniac gets funding and publishing from Sony, so it would be a mistake to leave them.

It would be an insult to the fans of the resistance franchise to just stop it there, especially after the lame ending of R2.

For the record, if Insomniac made a multiplatform game, that doesn't stop them from continuing the exclusive series' they already have.  Remember when UT3 released on the PS3 first and later on the 360?  That didn't stop GeoW from continuing exclusively on the 360.  Calllllm down, everything will be alright.

God I hope they do, but i know realistically they will still only be exclusive.

This same exact rumor popped up like a year ago, if I recall correctly.