By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour : Insomniac going multiplateform

epic fail on my part, they didn't make inFamous ¬_¬ so yeah I hold grudges!!! boo hiss....bah, I'm too lazy. Goodluck all the same.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
coolestguyever said:
libellule said:

==> what do you think ? I dont know why but ... considering how average were R1/R2 I m not sure it is a big failure ...

I was even thinkking that making R3 would be an error and i m still hoping it will not be released.

Wow this must be a fucking joke right? They both scored mid-high 80's on metacritic; resistance sold 3.6 million (granted there weren't many games to choose from, but still) and Resistance 2 is a very solid 1.75 million with competition from games like Cod, Killzone, etc.

How did you decide it was average? I hope they do a Resistance 3 and make it amazing. Bring back the health system and weapon selection menu from the first game, improve the graphics, creative new guns/enemies/locations and it will be amazing.

OT: I have no problem with Insomniac going multiplat, even though that would suck for us PS3 fanboys. Just please don't do a survival horror game, the market is becoming oversaturated with survival horror games.

Really?  RE5... which barely fits the bill... Dead Space, and Silent Hill HC/SM... not really sure that counts as saturation... 

Left 4 Dead, Dead rising (somewhat), Condemned; as well as the ones you named and there's more low budget ones.

heruamon said:
Well...it takes 2-4 1.5 years for Insomniac to develop a new IP, so it wouldn't be far fetch if the rumor has been swirling for the past few years...Same for Bungie.

Well they certainly have the power to do so, hope it's true..

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

That would be cool, more people would get to play their games.

Around the Network

PErsonally, they can stay exclusive for all I care....they have never produce a must have game for my taste. Naughty Dog, on the other hand, I'm interested in Uncharted 2, jsut to see what all the hub-bub is about, but I'm not getting a console over one game.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Whatever they decide I wish them luck in the future. A new survival horror game sounds good even if they stay exclusive.

As long as it's a great game and I can get it on PS3 I don't care either way.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

coolestguyever said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
coolestguyever said:
libellule said:

==> what do you think ? I dont know why but ... considering how average were R1/R2 I m not sure it is a big failure ...

I was even thinkking that making R3 would be an error and i m still hoping it will not be released.

Wow this must be a fucking joke right? They both scored mid-high 80's on metacritic; resistance sold 3.6 million (granted there weren't many games to choose from, but still) and Resistance 2 is a very solid 1.75 million with competition from games like Cod, Killzone, etc.

How did you decide it was average? I hope they do a Resistance 3 and make it amazing. Bring back the health system and weapon selection menu from the first game, improve the graphics, creative new guns/enemies/locations and it will be amazing.

OT: I have no problem with Insomniac going multiplat, even though that would suck for us PS3 fanboys. Just please don't do a survival horror game, the market is becoming oversaturated with survival horror games.

Really?  RE5... which barely fits the bill... Dead Space, and Silent Hill HC/SM... not really sure that counts as saturation... 

Left 4 Dead, Dead rising (somewhat), Condemned; as well as the ones you named and there's more low budget ones.

LOL @ those two, hardly survival horror, Left 4 Dead is just about how much it kicks ass to kill hundreds of zombies.  

One I did forget is Fear 2, but none of this says saturation.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

-Newcloud- said:
hmm insomniac have a great partnership with sony and all there fans are ps3 owners this could go really well or very wrong... ie some fans may feel betrayed or 360 owners may not take to there games

Seriously, anyone who feels betrayed because a game company desides to make games for other systems than their favorite needs to have their fucking head examined.

As for Insomniac making multi-plat games, if true, good for them.  They make some decent games so I think they'll rake in some increased revenue.  The hurt feelings of ravenous Sony fans won't make a difference in sales.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.