By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour : Insomniac going multiplateform

Well no comment on this but would love to see a survival horror from them haha. More excited about that than which platform it is on (yea for owning all 3).

Around the Network

Eh makes sense. As Sony picks up steam both Resistance and Ratchet has lost steam. I don't know what is up with Insomniac but they make good games but they make games that no one seems to care about. Even as a fan of both Resistance and Ratchet as well as Insomniac in general I have pretty much 0 urge to purchase one of their games even though I know it will be a solid fun game and I've enjoyed their games in the past. I really think they missed the ball with not making the last ratchet game be co-op.

I hope they stay exclusive...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Profcrab said:
-Newcloud- said:
hmm insomniac have a great partnership with sony and all there fans are ps3 owners this could go really well or very wrong... ie some fans may feel betrayed or 360 owners may not take to there games

Seriously, anyone who feels betrayed because a game company desides to make games for other systems than their favorite needs to have their fucking head examined.

As for Insomniac making multi-plat games, if true, good for them.  They make some decent games so I think they'll rake in some increased revenue.  The hurt feelings of ravenous Sony fans won't make a difference in sales.

I give this thread a 9.6.

These rumour articles are entirely aimed at riling up the fanboys from both sides. I doubt many ps3 owners really care because there games are nowt special. But the xbox fans would again be saying the ps3 is doomed...

TICTAC9910 said:
Profcrab said:
-Newcloud- said:
hmm insomniac have a great partnership with sony and all there fans are ps3 owners this could go really well or very wrong... ie some fans may feel betrayed or 360 owners may not take to there games

Seriously, anyone who feels betrayed because a game company desides to make games for other systems than their favorite needs to have their fucking head examined.

As for Insomniac making multi-plat games, if true, good for them.  They make some decent games so I think they'll rake in some increased revenue.  The hurt feelings of ravenous Sony fans won't make a difference in sales.

These rumour articles are entirely aimed at riling up the fanboys from both sides. I doubt many ps3 owners really care because there games are nowt special. But the xbox fans would again be saying the ps3 is doomed...

Excuse me? The first 3 Spyro games on PS1, which were developed by Insomniac, were most certainly special games. Ratchet and Clank is, and always has been special. Resistance 1 had some things going for it. Resistance 2 is the only game where they truly made a lot of mistakes.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

People have been reading the same article as I have right?

SInce when has Split-Screen.net become some creditable site to start such rumor.

"According to our sources."

... omfg

MaxwellGT2000 said:
coolestguyever said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
coolestguyever said:
libellule said:

==> what do you think ? I dont know why but ... considering how average were R1/R2 I m not sure it is a big failure ...

I was even thinkking that making R3 would be an error and i m still hoping it will not be released.

Wow this must be a fucking joke right? They both scored mid-high 80's on metacritic; resistance sold 3.6 million (granted there weren't many games to choose from, but still) and Resistance 2 is a very solid 1.75 million with competition from games like Cod, Killzone, etc.

How did you decide it was average? I hope they do a Resistance 3 and make it amazing. Bring back the health system and weapon selection menu from the first game, improve the graphics, creative new guns/enemies/locations and it will be amazing.

OT: I have no problem with Insomniac going multiplat, even though that would suck for us PS3 fanboys. Just please don't do a survival horror game, the market is becoming oversaturated with survival horror games.

Really?  RE5... which barely fits the bill... Dead Space, and Silent Hill HC/SM... not really sure that counts as saturation... 

Left 4 Dead, Dead rising (somewhat), Condemned; as well as the ones you named and there's more low budget ones.

LOL @ those two, hardly survival horror, Left 4 Dead is just about how much it kicks ass to kill hundreds of zombies.  

One I did forget is Fear 2, but none of this says saturation.

Okay well I don't know what the exact number is for what's considered oversaturated; but developers are definitely starting to over-do this genre. All the games we just listed are all in the last couple years and there will certainly be more of these type of games to come soon.

L4D is the only zombie killing game that matters...lol...jk.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

TICTAC9910 said:
Profcrab said:
-Newcloud- said:

Yes, they do rile up the rabid fans.  From my point of view, I see multiplatform in general as a good idea.  If Bungie started making games for PS3, that would be just fine in my book.  More money for them, more stability for them, and a better chance of that developer staying around (as long as they can produce quality games.  In this age of multiple platforms all surviving at the same time, a non-first party developer only gains by going multi.

I give that post a 9.5.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

LOL, I guess I'm the only one who liked Resistence 2? I thought the graphics were really good, with a few hiccups now and then. Best water effects I've seen so far. Listening to the radio broadcasts by JFK (I think that's who it was) kinda had me pissed and wanting to take down some damn aliens. Guns were fun and levels were pretty well laid out. I didn't get bored like you sometimes do in large levels. And man, some of the sights in those levels were breathtaking.

Loved some of the creepier parts, too. Like going through dark hallways with creatures running at your ass out of nowhere. Or busting open a "pod" in said hallway to see a dead, not fully developed alien fall in front of your face. Walking through a nice neighborhood with "pods" laying everywhere, only to have them pop open with so many creatures that they filled an entire yard coming at you. Or the movie theatre area, which I think was a slight nod to Gremlins, where at least 50 enemies at once just start running at the stage trying to kill you. Or being in the plantation house, finally thinking you cleared the area, only to have a huge creature stalk you from the outside.

Having said all that, I doubt they will go multi-plat. Though I wouldn't dislike them if they did. I also think they could handle a survival/horror game. Looking forward to it if that is their plan.