By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour : Insomniac going multiplateform

heruamon said:
ZzzzzZzzzzz...Best of luck to them, but I'll wait to see what they can do. Sorry, but already a host of top notch FPS developers for the 360, so they are jsut another one to add to the list.

Well, Insomniac is renown for its top notch platforming/adventure, not for it's FPS.  360 is lacking good platforming atm, so Insomniac going multi would benefit them...

However, this isnt a platforming title, but a survival-horror...probably a FPS? :\   Lets hope not

Around the Network

Ratchet and Clank or it didn't happen!!!

Sorry, I love the series and would love for them to go multi with something that the 360 could actually USE, which is NOT a survival horror game. Oh well.

Oh, and hopefully PS fan(boy)s will not suddenly talk about how Insomniac really isn't that good just because of news like this. And hopefully 360 fan(boy)s will not suddenly start talking about how wonderful they are just because of news like this. Yeah fanboys we can alllllll see right through you.

They might, but I'll wait and see. Their sales on PS3 (Resistance 1 aside) haven't matched their PS2 highs, and with their more recent focus on games that should sell well in US where PS3 titles do the worst currently going multiplatform might appeal.

I suspect they have a commitment to get Resistance 3 out as well, so we'll see. They expanded recently, too, so we may see the core team focus on wrapping up R3 while the new team focus on the new IP - assuming this rumour is even correct.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

After R2 and R&C:ACIT the last thing they need is another platform to develope for. I think they need to step back and, take an extra year to really flush out a title. This comes from a person that owns everyone of Insomniacs games. IMO, they have not been living up to the level they set with previous titles.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
After R2 and R&C:ACIT the last thing they need is another platform to develope for. I think they need to step back and, take an extra year to really flush out a title. This comes from a person that owns everyone of Insomniacs games. IMO, they have not been living up to the level they set with previous titles.

i disagree, ACiT is their best Ratchet and Clank ever the worst being Deadlocked THEN Tools .. tools felt too much choatic and a shooter.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Deadlocked is the best, excellent humor... just excellent. Some of the best weapons, too. It was just too easy =/

Note: Didn't play ACiT yet.

Note2: R&C can never go multi - it's a Sony owned IP.

Doubt it.

mmmm well they are making Resistance 3, that picture from the SONY movie set thing (may be fake) BUT Insomnical expanded and opened up another studio this year or last!
BUT they also said 'they could go multiplat but for this generation they are sticking to the Playstation 3

multi or not, all they need is more recognition , they're been living under Naughty Dog's shadow for too long.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

These rumors have been circulating forever. I think everyone should take this with a grain of salt