By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Ideally I would have hoped for a 1.5 Million Week 1.

In the end due to strong PS3 sales & big releases next year, FF13 should crawl to the 2 Million mark. Then possible BEst releases & an Xbox 360 version in Japan should bring its total to around 2.5 - 2.8 Million.

These sales aren't disappointing at all, in fact they are very good, but they fall short of my predictions by just 100K - 200K

EDIT:

Also this makes MGS4 sales seem very impressive, the franchise faced hardly any decline from PS3's userbase

Darth that article could be fake for all we know

Its probably true though.

Famitsu predicted this, The Source did & COMG.net pre-orders indicated it to be around 1.3 - 1.5 Million week 1

Thats probably whats going to happen.

FF10 did 1.8 - 1.9 Million week 1 & crawled to 3 Million

FF12 was a game that left a bad taste in many FF fans mouth (majin on our site is the best example), FF13 is a return to the style of FF these fans liked the most (FF7,8,10), with word of mouth & so on, don't be shocked if FF13 has some small legs.

The main thing is there is no need to panic chris

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
kingofwale said:
psrock said:
kingofwale said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
psrock said:
it seems that 2million is the big number for FFXIII to reach to be considered successful , right.

With 4 million ps3 USERS, half of them would need to pick that game up.

Good luck with that.

Well noone knows how many of them are FF fans,maybe all of them are lol

Didn't Halo 3 do just that??? (and this is not counting all the RRoD xbox, most likely the realistic attachment rate is in the high 60%)

oh Jesus!

FFXIII cost almost $100 in Japan, and PS3 userbase is very different than the Halo fans in AMERICA. Anything over 1 million is fine with me, I have a feeling this game will havesomething FF games never had " LEGS"

is it really?? PS3 owners in Japan vs xbox box owner in America???

also, the 'high' price of FFXIII is only so due to your conversion using the extremely weak US dollars.

The high price is not just the Yen-to-dollar conversion. It is pricier than any other PS3 game in Japan by over 1000 Yen.

FF games had always been more expensive, someone already said that twice here.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Khuutra said:
jarrod said:

Same way as here I think?  Sometimes I think articles confuse "retailer orders" with "preorders" in japan though.

Well, yes, but don't retailers base their own order numbers on consumer preorders? I know that's how they do it here!

Sorta but not really.  Not that many retailers in US actually take pre-orders.  Gamestop obviously but I've never placed a preorder at Walmart or Target or BB which have huge # of sales.  In general, they guess how much they'll sell.  The name of the game is low inventory though so chances are they choose a number which they can sell out within a week or 3. 

And really, lets be honest, anyone who will rush out to buy a game on the 1st release day will still buy it 5 days later if it was sold out (christmas gifting nonwithstanding).

what's the difference between

1.5 mil in a week
1.7 million ltd

vs

1.2 million first week
1.7 million ltd

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Acevil said:
psrock said:
kingofwale said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
psrock said:
it seems that 2million is the big number for FFXIII to reach to be considered successful , right.

With 4 million ps3 USERS, half of them would need to pick that game up.

Good luck with that.

Well noone knows how many of them are FF fans,maybe all of them are lol

Didn't Halo 3 do just that??? (and this is not counting all the RRoD xbox, most likely the realistic attachment rate is in the high 60%)

oh Jesus!

FFXIII cost almost $100 in Japan, and PS3 userbase is very different than the Halo fans in AMERICA. Anything over 1 million is fine with me, I have a feeling this game will havesomething FF games never had " LEGS"

I don't know if it will have those kind of "legs". I think it will just be more so than previous. I mean if last week I did hear bunch of "certain console" fans tell me that JRPG never have legs.

I expect the userbase of the PS3  to grow a little bit better next year, a couple people will pick it up.

Given when I think you said legs, I looked at darth numbers and said no way in hell is going to crawl to that. I do agree that people will continue to pick it up.

Around the Network
psrock said:

what's the difference between

1.5 mil in a week
1.7 million ltd

vs

1.2 million first week
1.7 million ltd

The latter is actually healthier.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Tallgeese101 said:
Has anyone who reads Japanese checked the source article:
http://ruliweb3.nate.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=69825&table=game_ps04&main=ps

Doesnt sound right to me. Surely this is the game that people in Japan have been buying PS3s for the last 3 years for.

I wanted to try but after opening the link, I found out its Korean

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Its korean?

FF13 has 1 million shipped to Korea!

Why is the link in Korean

@son1x

can you convert it to japanese using google translator & then translate it?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Carl2291 said:
Its korean?

FF13 has 1 million shipped to Korea!

be quiet.

You are disapointed, stick to the topic.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)