By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

Yeah Pullus...im sure the title of the thread has to be changed to that question

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
If this game flops (I'm not saying it will), what does it mean for Square Enix? They've been taking heavy losses for years while making this game...

Well, it won't "flop".  It'll likely undersell Wada's expectations (10m ww), but then so did DQIX (5m JP).

psrock said:
it seems that 2million is the big number for FFXIII to reach to be considered successful , right.

With 4 million ps3 USERS, half of them would need to pick that game up.

Good luck with that.

Well noone knows how many of them are FF fans,maybe all of them are lol

I really expected over 1 million first week....this could be disappointing.  But oh well, it will still sell well and if demand is higher than supply, we'll just see better legs for it.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
psrock said:
it seems that 2million is the big number for FFXIII to reach to be considered successful , right.

Good luck with that.

Didn't Halo 3 do just that??? (and this is not counting all the RRoD xbox, most likely the realistic attachment rate is in the high 60%)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
psrock said:

Good luck with that.

Pshhh we know Japanese ps3 users are just blu-ray lovers. Yakuza should have sold 3 million on that 4 million userbase. (also I know what i just isn't realistic)

Square Enix have only themselves to blame. Apparently the game costs over 9000 Yen or 1000+ Yen more than any other game.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
Square Enix have only themselves to blame. Apparently the game costs over 9000 Yen or 1000+ Yen more than any other game.

Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest always cost a premium, though.

Ideally I would have hoped for a 1.5 Million Week 1.

In the end due to strong PS3 sales & big releases next year, FF13 should crawl to the 2 Million mark. Then possible BEst releases & an Xbox 360 version in Japan should bring its total to around 2.5 - 2.8 Million.

These sales aren't disappointing at all, in fact they are very good, but they fall short of my predictions by just 100K - 200K

EDIT:

Also this makes MGS4 sales seem very impressive, the franchise faced hardly any decline from PS3's userbase

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kingofwale said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
psrock said:

Good luck with that.

Didn't Halo 3 do just that??? (and this is not counting all the RRoD xbox, most likely the realistic attachment rate is in the high 60%)

oh Jesus!

FFXIII cost almost $100 in Japan, and PS3 userbase is very different than the Halo fans in AMERICA. Anything over 1 million is fine with me, I have a feeling this game will havesomething FF games never had " LEGS"

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)