By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

Khuutra said:
jarrod said:

XIII preorders only passed FFXII at one retail chain (though it's admittedly a large one, though it's also more a DVD rental outlet).  The only two others we know of who give out regular preorder info (Comget, Lepton) have it behind FFXII.

So... lack of retai lr confidence?

How does the preorder system work in Japan?

Same way as here I think?  Sometimes I think articles confuse "retailer orders" with "preorders" in japan though.

Around the Network

1 million in day one is bad ?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

You think the first shipment will be over in 1 day..?

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
psrock said:

You think the first shipment will be over in 1 day..?

I predicted 900k for day one.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
jarrod said:

Same way as here I think?  Sometimes I think articles confuse "retailer orders" with "preorders" in japan though.

Well, yes, but don't retailers base their own order numbers on consumer preorders? I know that's how they do it here!

Around the Network

I'm now guessing sales will be...

950k day one
1.15m week one
1.7m lifetime (not counting any International/BEST releases)

kingofwale said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
kingofwale said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
kingofwale said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
*chuckles at the guys claiming greater than 1 million first week sales*

If this is true, wowza, though I'm pretty sure retailers didn't want to overstock it, plus the fact that it'll cost more in Japan than the standard rate.

or... merely pulling-a-Nintendo.

will see crazy line-up and 100% sellthrough the first day.

o rly, Nintendo undershipped on purpose?  Which I'm pretty sure isn't true and they increased shipments to meet demand, please if you have no proof to back up your claims don't drag it into a conversation not even about Nintendo before you say something that will get you into trouble.

MK in Japan??

of course, speaking from personal experience when shopping all over for the game the first few weeks. Calling people to find out where the games are

You're just digging yourself into a hole... please stop... you're acting like producing a game and peripheral is as easy and efficient as just the game as itself, and before you go off about "its just a piece of plastic" its a piece of plastic that has to be specially made its not like people have been producing Wii wheels for over 10 years like DVDs and game cases.  Add in other examples like the new Cabelas Wii game bundle is sold out in many places (I'm sure Cabelas is just undershipping to cause false demand right?) and what does it come with? A peripheral?!?!?! :O

Again, you have your reason to explain what happened, and I have mine. And since Nintendo (and in this case, SE) wouldn't comment on it. Let's leave it just that.

You don't see me attacking your "it is hard to producing a plastic casing" reasoning, Please respect mine as well... After all, if everything is absolute and black&White, then there's no point of having a FORUM to discuss things.

I'm strictly speaking of the fact you have no proof of your point, and anyone can google up some links of Ninendo saying they were increasing production to meet "unexpected" demand (on both Wii and MK).  And the fact you made the pot shot "pulling-a-Nintendo" cause you know there's forum rules about trolling and substance and making absurd claims you can't possibly back up with any factual evidence goes under that rule.  You should just stick to the topic at hand which is NeoGAF claiming FFXIII will only ship a million and not bring in other unrelated topics into the discussion.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Khuutra said:
jarrod said:

Well, yes, but don't retailers base their own order numbers on consumer preorders? I know that's how they do it here!

Generally, yeah.  And considering the sort of heavy prerelease promotion FFXIII's gotten, this can't be all that encouraging.

A reminder for the readers,FF XIII has only 2 days of breaking 1 million on VGCharts
Actual numbers are for the 5th Dec.,after that its for the 12th,and after that its for the 19th T.T...

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
A reminder for the readers,FF XIII has only 2 days of breaking 1 million on VGCharts
Actual numbers are for the 5th Dec.,after that its for the 12th,and after that its for the 19th T.T...

That'll only include the first 2 shipments then.  The 3rd shipment is for the weekend, so it may or may not land within VGC's week.

Famitsu & MC's weeks go through Sunday btw, so they'll be 4 days.