By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

I knew that this will happen,that they will undership because of the smaller userbase fuck it

Around the Network

Hm, I was assuming that FFXIII would make 1.8 million (more or less) on it's first week, just like the last 5 Final Fantasy games did.

I can't even understand it... (no, I can't admit the "make-it-rare" theory this time).

This game will not be able to reach 10 million like some would like without its biggest market hopping on board. 2.5 million is what 12 got and it ended with less than 6 million. FF13 would have needed to get more than that to even think about getting close to 10 million. I on the other hand don't believe US will make up for the lost Japanese sales. I think this will sell under 6 million. Over half a million is a lot to ask of a region where the genre was never really popular in the first place.

kingofwale said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
kingofwale said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
*chuckles at the guys claiming greater than 1 million first week sales*

If this is true, wowza, though I'm pretty sure retailers didn't want to overstock it, plus the fact that it'll cost more in Japan than the standard rate.

or... merely pulling-a-Nintendo.

will see crazy line-up and 100% sellthrough the first day.

o rly, Nintendo undershipped on purpose?  Which I'm pretty sure isn't true and they increased shipments to meet demand, please if you have no proof to back up your claims don't drag it into a conversation not even about Nintendo before you say something that will get you into trouble.

MK in Japan??

of course, speaking from personal experience when shopping all over for the game the first few weeks. Calling people to find out where the games are

You're just digging yourself into a hole... please stop... you're acting like producing a game and peripheral is as easy and efficient as just the game as itself, and before you go off about "its just a piece of plastic" its a piece of plastic that has to be specially made its not like people have been producing Wii wheels for over 10 years like DVDs and game cases.  Add in other examples like the new Cabelas Wii game bundle is sold out in many places (I'm sure Cabelas is just undershipping to cause false demand right?) and what does it come with? A peripheral?!?!?! :O

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I still think that first week could make 1 million.

Around the Network

This has to be fake,it has to be a joke
XIII cant sell under 1 million first week...

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
I knew that this will happen,that they will undership because of the smaller userbase fuck it

No... if you think thats why they are shipping so little you are mistaken. Pre-orders are obviously not as high as they'd like. Retailers feedback aren't as positive as they'd like. SE knows what they are doing.

Again people, 1m is just 1st shipment, not 1st week shipment. 1st week shipments (3 planned) should total 1.3m.

This could potentially be insane if true.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
kingofwale said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
kingofwale said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
*chuckles at the guys claiming greater than 1 million first week sales*

If this is true, wowza, though I'm pretty sure retailers didn't want to overstock it, plus the fact that it'll cost more in Japan than the standard rate.

or... merely pulling-a-Nintendo.

will see crazy line-up and 100% sellthrough the first day.

o rly, Nintendo undershipped on purpose?  Which I'm pretty sure isn't true and they increased shipments to meet demand, please if you have no proof to back up your claims don't drag it into a conversation not even about Nintendo before you say something that will get you into trouble.

MK in Japan??

of course, speaking from personal experience when shopping all over for the game the first few weeks. Calling people to find out where the games are

You're just digging yourself into a hole... please stop... you're acting like producing a game and peripheral is as easy and efficient as just the game as itself, and before you go off about "its just a piece of plastic" its a piece of plastic that has to be specially made its not like people have been producing Wii wheels for over 10 years like DVDs and game cases.  Add in other examples like the new Cabelas Wii game bundle is sold out in many places (I'm sure Cabelas is just undershipping to cause false demand right?) and what does it come with? A peripheral?!?!?! :O

Again, you have your reason to explain what happened, and I have mine. And since Nintendo (and in this case, SE) wouldn't comment on it. Let's leave it just that.

Theories are just theories

You don't see me attacking your "it is hard to producing a plastic casing" reasoning, Please respect mine as well... After all, if everything is absolute and black&White, then there's no point of having a FORUM to discuss things.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)