By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

Has anyone who reads Japanese checked the source article:
http://ruliweb3.nate.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=69825&table=game_ps04&main=ps

Doesnt sound right to me. Surely this is the game that people in Japan have been buying PS3s for the last 3 years for.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
I knew that this will happen,that they will undership because of the smaller userbase fuck it

No... if you think thats why they are shipping so little you are mistaken. Pre-orders are obviously not as high as they'd like. Retailers feedback aren't as positive as they'd like. SE knows what they are doing.

Pre-orders for XIII have surpassed XII's since a while now,and XII had an opening of 1.8 mil first week in Japan,so im guessing it had a first shipment of 2 mil

How can they ship half of that now,when the pre-orders are even higher than the last time

I tried google translating it. Didn't work. thats why i said "if true"

Someone needs to post the "SE has forsaken the japanese" video that circulated after that E3.

This isn't right at all. No way... I just cant see it being possible.

EVERY main FF game since 7 has had 1M+ day one (correct me if im wrong)

PS3 has some VERY good momentum going atm.

FF13 launches on the BIG week of December!!!

Something is wrong here...

This is the game Square wanted to outsell FFVII??

If so then I guess this means retailers are ordering to few and it's not really Square that wants to ship just a million units first round.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
letsdance said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
I knew that this will happen,that they will undership because of the smaller userbase fuck it

No... if you think thats why they are shipping so little you are mistaken. Pre-orders are obviously not as high as they'd like. Retailers feedback aren't as positive as they'd like. SE knows what they are doing.

Pre-orders for XIII have surpassed XII's since a while now,and XII had an opening of 1.8 mil first week in Japan,so im guessing it had a first shipment of 2 mil

How can they ship half of that now,when the pre-orders are even higher than the last time

XIII preorders only passed FFXII at one retail chain (though it's admittedly a large one, though it's also more a DVD rental outlet).  The only two others we know of who give out regular preorder info (Comget, Lepton) have it behind FFXII.

Carl2291 said:
This isn't right at all. No way... I just cant see it being possible.

EVERY main FF game since 7 has had 1M+ day one (correct me if im wrong)

PS3 has some VERY good momentum going atm.

FF13 launches on the BIG week of December!!!

Something is wrong here...

I agree,that has to be fake Carl

AHHH !!

Lets not forget that 1 million copies sold would mean an attatchrate of 25%. 2 million would mean 50%. That figure is almost unheard of for just about any console. Even Wii Fit only managed around 40% attachrate at most.

Hmm... We'll see how it goes. It will be interesting seeing how much it sells first week, even though I'm not going to make any predictions myself.

This is invisible text!

Fucking Jesus...so much for the 1 million Ps3's in a week too...

jarrod said:

XIII preorders only passed FFXII at one retail chain (though it's admittedly a large one, though it's also more a DVD rental outlet).  The only two others we know of who give out regular preorder info (Comget, Lepton) have it behind FFXII.

So... lack of retailr confidence?

How does the preorder system work in Japan?