By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

If this game flops (I'm not saying it will), what does it mean for Square Enix? They've been taking heavy losses for years while making this game...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Back to this thread. THings are really going to be interesting this week. I wonder how close my predictions will be. I think I might be off by 200k, which is a good thing!

Edit: Actually no point in derailing this thread any further, Maxwell already covered everything.

Edit: For the first week not the first day. Also more so I think really be off 100k.

Demotruk said:
If this game flops (I'm not saying it will), what does it mean for Square Enix? They've been taking heavy losses for years while making this game...

The game cant flop,it just needs some very high 1 week numbers,numbers that it deserves

1st week may be lower than expected,but the 2nd will be higher than expected

But I just want an amazing 1st week god damn it...

jarrod said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
A reminder for the readers,FF XIII has only 2 days of breaking 1 million on VGCharts
Actual numbers are for the 5th Dec.,after that its for the 12th,and after that its for the 19th T.T...

That'll only include the first 2 shipments then.  The 3rd shipment is for the weekend, so it may or may not land within VGC's week.

Famitsu & MC's weeks go through Sunday btw, so they'll be 4 days.

VGC Japan week ends on the same day as Media Create, Famitsu, and Dengeki. FFXIII will have four days in its first week.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

It seem it will be lucky to do 7 million WW on both platforms.

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
jarrod said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
A reminder for the readers,FF XIII has only 2 days of breaking 1 million on VGCharts
Actual numbers are for the 5th Dec.,after that its for the 12th,and after that its for the 19th T.T...

That'll only include the first 2 shipments then.  The 3rd shipment is for the weekend, so it may or may not land within VGC's week.

Famitsu & MC's weeks go through Sunday btw, so they'll be 4 days.

VGC Japan week ends on the same day as Media Create, Famitsu, and Dengeki. FFXIII will have four days in its first week.

Ah yes i can see it now,i was looking at the WW numbers,the date is different for Japan numbers,the game will have 4 days in its first week,youre right

shanbcn said:
It seem it will be lucky to do 7 million WW on both platforms.

Since when does 1st Shipment in Japan count so much?

That can only have a negative effect on first week sales

the meh response FTW atm lol

the real question is , im i going to be s-crow'd ?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

it seems that 2million is the big number for FFXIII to reach to be considered successful , right.

With 4 million ps3 USERS, half of them would need to pick that game up.

Good luck with that.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)