By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

Khuutra said:
kingofwale said:
psrock said:

oh Jesus!

FFXIII cost almost $100 in Japan, and PS3 userbase is very different than the Halo fans in AMERICA. Anything over 1 million is fine with me, I have a feeling this game will havesomething FF games never had " LEGS"

is it really?? PS3 owners in Japan vs xbox box owner in America???

also, the 'high' price of FFXIII is only so due to your conversion using the extremely weak US dollars.

Again: I'm pretty much positive that Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy always have a premium price attached to their names.

That's true. Every Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest has cost tons. Final Fantasy VI costed ~$115 iirc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
The additional shipping is 150k for the weekdays (Thursday + Friday) and another 150k for the weekend (Sat. + Sun.), that's what GAFers are saying.

I don't think they will shop 150k on thursday, since that is the day of the original shipment. I could be wrong but I think it will be 1300k shipment for the first week.

dolemit3 said:
The additional shipping is 150k for the weekdays (Thursday + Friday) and another 150k for the weekend (Sat. + Sun.), that's what GAFers are saying.

That makes sense.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Acevil said:
dolemit3 said:

I don't think they will shop 150k on thursday, since that is the day of the original shipment. I could be wrong but I think it will be 1300k shipment for the first week.

Sounds right.

Acevil said:
dolemit3 said:

Plus 40k units in the bundles.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Well this likely means SE expects lifetime Japanese sales of FF13 to be low, as FF games are very frontloaded, so only shipping 1 million first shipment indicates they are expecting probably 1.5 million max for the game in Japan

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Well this likely means SE expects lifetime Japanese sales of FF13 to be low, as FF games are very frontloaded, so only shipping 1 million first shipment indicates they are expecting probably 1.5 million max for the game in Japan

Square-Enix doesn't determine first shipment. Retailers do.

Khuutra said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Square-Enix doesn't determine first shipment. Retailers do.

Ah, I stand corrected then, retailers expect low lifetime sales then

I mean vast majority of FF sales are in the first week

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Final+Fantasy+X+-+PS2%5B759%5D&reg2=Japan&game2=Final+Fantasy+XII+-+PS2%5B765%5D&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=10&weekly=1

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

With that small shipment for a main Final Fantasy title it will struggle a lot to sell at least 1.8M copies lifetime, that is the minimum acceptable mark, less than that it is an absolutely failure.

Bruno Muñoz B said:
With that small shipment for a main Final Fantasy title it will struggle a lot to sell at least 1.8M copies lifetime, that is the minimum acceptable mark, less than that it is an absolutely failure.

2nd biggest failure this year in japan.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)