By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

Acevil said:
psrock said:
Acevil said:
psrock said:
The problem is GAF, everything they say seems to be the law.
They have been wrong so many times.

They expected NSMB Wii to sell no more than 700k first week and maybe 60k for the Wii.

Well Darth's good old buddy Zorro, also believed it would do less, as did a bunch of fans from a "certain" fanbase.

But he's crazzy man

I already knew, but whats with perma-banned users coming back all of sudden...even more funny is Darth defends majority of them.

Crazzyman was amazing, he added life to threads

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

"今週発売タイトルはほぼ「PS3:ファイナルファンタジーXIII」になりそうです。"

"This week, it seems that sales will consist almost only of Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3"

"初回出荷は100万本、発売日着で15万本、週末分で15万本という出荷スケジュールで、

予約の状況から想定すると初週でミリオンを達成する可能性も高いです。"

"The first shipment is 1,000,000 copies, with the schedule being 150,000 copies arriving each weekday, and then 150,000 more for the weekend*. Judging by preorders, the probability of reaching a million sales first week is high."

"もちろんPS3同梱のライトニングエディションはネットを中心に品薄で、

店頭でも残りわずかという状態となっています。"

"Of course, the PS3 Lightning Edition Bundle is out of stock online, and there are now very few left in stores as well."

"本作を目当てでPS3を購入した方は数知れず、またSCEも本作のために

大きな値下げに踏み切ったという見かたもできるくらいの

PS3における大きなターニングポイントとなるタイトルです。"

This part, I can't translate directly because there's some stuff I don't quite understand, but I do understand the general gist of it, which is that it will drive hardware and that this title, along with the previous pricecut, will be a big turning point for the PS3.

"内容についてはあれこれ書く必要はなさそうです。"

... I don't get this one at all. I know all the words, but I can't make a sensible sentence of it. But it has little to do with the main article anyway, and seems to be pretty much just a "That's all we have for now"-type of thing.

* I don't know what they mean here, exactly, since 150k times 5, and then once more for the weekend only adds up to 900k.

The additional shipping is 150k for the weekdays (Thursday + Friday) and another 150k for the weekend (Sat. + Sun.), that's what GAFers are saying.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

so thats a total of 1.45 Million Shipped for thursday - Sunday

I want it to sell 1.5-2.0 mil before year's end

Around the Network

Hell i want it to sell 10 million day one,but that wont happen lol...

chrisnotsexy

Over 1.5 Million easily

darthdevidem01 said:
chrisnotsexy

Over 1.5 Million easily

Has to happen

i want this game to succeed.
thats all!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

mmm... don't think so, it will be stupid from sony and SE