By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

Anyway, this game won't have good legs because of used market. Even if there's a high interest in the game after release people will go for used copies. The only chance this game hold legs is using a DQ IX strategy, releasing weekly free DLC to make people stay with their copies a little longer.

Around the Network

'I'm strictly speaking of the fact you have no proof of your point, and anyone can google up some links of Ninendo saying they were increasing production to meet "unexpected" demand (on both Wii and MK).  And the fact you made the pot shot "pulling-a-Nintendo" cause you know there's forum rules about trolling and substance and making absurd claims you can't possibly back up with any factual evidence goes under that rule.  You should just stick to the topic at hand which is NeoGAF claiming FFXIII will only ship a million and not bring in other unrelated topics into the discussion.'.

You have no proof of your point either, so why doesn't this apply to you too? It is just a piece of plastic.. Also, why egg him on in this OT discussion safe in the knowledge you will just ban him for responding?

I would 'report' you but figure the report would just be picked up by you anyway...

PSN - hanafuda

Does anyone here actually look at any of the other games in the series other than 12 for sales trends? Even the 2nd most frontloaded game in the series 8 (2.59 million first week) went on to sell another million and that game was hyped to heaven and back. I still feel confident in 2.6 million ltd.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Be interesting to see where fw sales end up. Are FF legs really that bad?. I'm surprised some ppl actually think this game will sell more than say a MKWii though or Even a Brawl in Japan. Its on two platforms sure, but I'd imagine more buying the game would do so on PS3.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
Be interesting to see where fw sales end up. Are FF legs really that bad?. I'm surprised some ppl actually think this game will sell more than say a MKWii though or Even a Brawl in Japan. Its on two platforms sure, but I'd imagine more buying the game would do so on PS3.

actually no they are not

most FF games go on to sell a million more after their opening week

I'd say as most games in Japan don't even get to 1 million they are good legs

This is why I still claim FF13 should do 2 Million!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

^FF8 came out 10 years ago on the PS1, things have changed a lot since then, especially the popularity of FF

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

darthdevidem01 said:
Arius Dion said:

actually no they are not

most FF games go on to sell a million more after their opening

We'll see soon enough Darth. It is a series in decline, but maybe XIII can bring it back to its glory days. Would be nice if it was able to do that, but I dunno. Look at the type of sales and legs games that did cross 2m (or close to it on consoles) had to acheive. I just don't feel FF has that sort of appeal anymore in Japan.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

darthdevidem01 said:
Arius Dion said:

actually no they are not

most FF games go on to sell a million more after their opening

Actually FF12 only sold about 600K more than its first week, so around 3/4's of its sales were first week

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Final Fantasy is probably the most frontloaded series in Japan.

- Final Fantasy VII --- First Week 2.034.879 (62,08%)
- Final Fantasy VIII --- First Week 2.504.044 (71,51%)
- Final Fantasy IX --- First Week 1.954.421 (72,19%)
- Final Fantasy X --- First Week 1.749.737 (75,25%)
- Final Fantasy X-2 --- First Week 1.472.914 (75,11%)
- Final Fantasy XII --- First Week 1.840.397 (79,24%)

^Seems to be getting more frontloaded with time