By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII first shipment is only 1 million???

more meltdowns if you wanna se them:

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9957

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

LoL. Meltdowns are fun. I actually said how funny it would be if Wii outsold PS3 during ffxiii's release week in the first day famitsu sales thread..The one where ToG is a bomb. I'd want to see that just for the meltdowns it would induce.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Didn't source predict around 135K PS3's the week of FF13 release, if he's right, then I could see Wii beating PS3 that week

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Soriku said:
psrock said:
Soriku said:
psrock said:
Not only is FFXIII expected to sell badly, but Gaf members expect the Wii to outsell the PS3 that week.

It would be so epic.

Not really. Some people see it as a possiblity but most people are putting PS3 over Wii. Wii over PS3 would be funny though. We'll found out soon.

@darth

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381910&page=14

It would be so much fun.

Damn, you're more anti-PlayStation than darth is! :P (at least when it comes to the PSP)

I'm trying not to be jinx the game the way you jinx Tales Of Grace.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Didn't source predict around 135K PS3's the week of FF13 release, if he's right, then I could see Wii beating PS3 that week

Yeah. And ioi predicted I think 175k. It is not outside the realm of possibility at all for Wii to outsell PS3 that week.

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:

The Source also expected The Slim to sell 80k first week and to go back 10k a week after that, although he's been spot on lately.

NY Mets for Life Jacob.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Arius Dion said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Yeah. And ioi predicted I think 175k. It is not outside the realm of possibility at all for Wii to outsell PS3 that week.

Lets not get too over the top here now.

If NSMB Wii reverses wii's YOY down trend this has a 20% of a chance of happening, if it doesn't probably 1%

I'm glad I'm on holiday from the 18th, I'll be able to post thanks to my laptop & internet connection in the hotel, but I'm glad I won't have the time to post much as there WILL be FF13 is doomed & FF13 has disappointed threads

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Arius Dion said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

If NSMB Wii reverses wii's YOY down trend this has a 20% of a chance of happening, if it doesn't probably 1%

I'm glad I'm on holiday from the 18th, I'll be able to post thanks to my laptop & internet connection in the hotel, but I'm glad I won't have the time to post much as there WILL be FF13 is doomed & FF13 has disappointed threads

That always happens. I'm not saying it will. I'm just saying its not outside the realm of possibility..and it's not. Nintendo generally gets larger holiday boosts than their competitors. It really depends on the Holiday boost (NSMB sustained effect) And PS3's FF boost.

darthdevidem01 said:
Arius Dion said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

yeah more than likely NSMB wii has reversed the trend, actually wii sold badly in dec. 2008 in Japan.  It sold much more in 2007, which is not the pattern in the west.  The wii lost steam at the end of the year last year, this year it is gaining steam at the end.  It is really a different situation.  It is quite conceivable wii could outsell ps3 even on FF13 week.  Wii and PS3 should both be in the 120-175k range.  There won't be a large difference.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Wii will not outsell PS3 on that week in Japan, that's just silliness, even if you're just saying "it's possible".

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.