By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dante's Inferno Demo impressions?

GOW ftw well anyways now i cant play this game infront of my parents and show off how much of a bad ass i am in video games lol but anyways who cares im gettgin a TV for my room :D and ima check THEM TITS OUT!@!! lol anyways if this game gets a 8/10 GOW wud get a 12/10 IMO

Around the Network

An absolute joke of a game and a butchering of a great piece of literature if the demo is anything to go by. It's not bad enough that this tripe plays like GOW but that it plays like GOW's uglier, less challenging, mongoloid stepbrother. If you like spamming one button to kill stuff, no challenge, a shirtless buff male lead and watching enemies explode into what appears to be kibbles and bits dog food, then by all means you'll Dante's Inferno. Personally, I'll be skipping this trite shit and picking up Bayonetta, which jams a stilletoed heel into the crotch of this busted joke of a demo.

Kantor said:
binary solo said:
F&#k! Why do demos of games being released at the same time everywhere in the world get released in only one region first?

Sony's taking it's strongest market for granted to try to woo a market that has given it's HD heart to another love. But not just that PS3 is selling at a profit (or at least less of a loss) in the Others markets, yet Sony are still putting a shitload of eggs into the biggest loss making market. Yeah I know you can't survive in the videogame market without having some success in the USA. But seriously, does it really need to be at the expense of everyone else?

Ah well, I shouldn't rant really, I probably won't be getting Dante's in any case. It'll be GoW III or nothing for me. Looking at some of the non-gaming expenses I'm facing for the coming year it's likely to be nothing until 2011.

Make a US account. Simple.

Shouldn't be necessary. Even simpler.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The demo was so bad, I did not get the story AT ALL and I almost fell asleep, no lie. The graphics are terrible and gameplay was okay. But the biggest disappointment was the story.

I really enjoyed that, it's not quite GoW, but I'll certainly consider it

Around the Network

Better then I thought, However I will be buying God of War 3 Instead, seems like an OK game, but seems like they bit off of God of War a little to much for my taste. Curious to see how DI does in sales, and The game reviews it gets when the entire game is played through, sometimes its hard to tell from a demo.

Ya Im not sure if id go as far as some others on here talking about the quality of the game. I mean everyone knows where they drew their inspiration from but its really not that bad, its a bit different with the holy/unholy setup and different kinds of moves. The only thing that I find funny is HOW similar this game is to gow, such as hitting enemies into the air and jumping up right after them to continue a combo in midair, it looked like dantes head pasted on kratos frame doing the same move. I will still get this game though, as it will be a good filler until gow3 comes out, that and Im not really diggin bayonetta that much myself, personal preferences.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

It was so intense. If you like intense and fun games, this is a defanent purcahse.
The CGI is the best I've ever seen in any game, the in-game graphics are pretty good and the audio keeps your blood flowing.

Everyone saying this is a copy off GOW3 just dont like the game. I mean its obvious GoW3 will sell better then DI, just like inFamous sold better then [ProtoType], but this thread is full of ps fanboys, many of which are just trying to defened the sony title

The demo was really disappointing, gonna wait for reviews too see of he full game is any better

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

rafichamp said:
The demo was so bad, I did not get the story AT ALL and I almost fell asleep, no lie. The graphics are terrible and gameplay was okay. But the biggest disappointment was the story.

The graphics are terrible?

Are you sure we were playing the same game? Because those are perhaps the best graphics I've seen in a multiplat PS3 game...

CGI in the cutscenes was beautiful, as well.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective