By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dante's Inferno Demo impressions?

Complete. Rip. Off.

Around the Network

I like it with 8 out 10 stars for me.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Kantor said:
rafichamp said:
The demo was so bad, I did not get the story AT ALL and I almost fell asleep, no lie. The graphics are terrible and gameplay was okay. But the biggest disappointment was the story.

The graphics are terrible?

Are you sure we were playing the same game? Because those are perhaps the best graphics I've seen in a multiplat PS3 game...

CGI in the cutscenes was beautiful, as well.

they are terrible. or should i say... uneven.

at some parts they look good of course the CGI part is amazing! , but at some other parts where for example when you first start button mashing. it looked so terrible, the textures look out of place the ground looks like a pancake , and  the sea looked like this

---------------_________------------------____________------------------___________---------------

/////////////////////////__________/////////////////__________//////_____________/////////////////______

there you go i designed the water textures

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

guys... don't forget the 360 only people.... they don't have access to God of War stuff so this would be a good addition for 360 only owners, as far as people who own PS3s' go.... yeah.... I have no reason to buy this when I already have GoW3 on pre order.

dahuman said:
guys... don't forget the 360 only people.... they don't have access to God of War stuff so this would be a good addition for 360 only owners, as far as people who own PS3s' go.... yeah.... I have no reason to buy this when I already have GoW3 on pre order.

no its not!

Darksiders , Bayonetta , Ninja Gaiden are all better! just because its a GoW rip off doesn't mean 360 owners are going HAVE to buy it. there are tons of better games.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
Severance said:
dahuman said:

no its not!

Darksiders , Bayonetta , Ninja Gaiden are all better! just because its a GoW rip off doesn't mean 360 owners are going HAVE to buy it. there are tons of better games.

well, the 360 doesn't really have a GoW clone though, and if it sells well, maybe there'd be number 2 with many improved aspects which can't hurt. personally, I think comparing DI with GoW3 is silly though, it's not even a competition tbh, it's not even fair.

Totaly agree!

Why did the demo have too be so large? I wanted to download it and the Bayonetta demo yesterday. So I go over to my friend's house. Log into PSN. Located the Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno demos. Watched as it reached 1%. Then I got a game invite for Critter Crunch after playing a bit with Rainbird I got off, and then I watched my friend play The Saboteur for a few minutes. Got back on PSN saw that Rainbird was no longer playing Critter Crunch, so I decided to play a bit of Suikoden. Then I got off, and watched as the download bar slowly crept up to 35%. Then I got a call from my parents saying that I need to come home

And those are my impressions of the Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno demos.

The narrative doesn't look like it will hold very well, but I liked the game play. Its obvious GOW3 will be better but if you can afford both and love these type of games, why not get both?

I think it's nice that we have another Western hack and slash to balance all of the Japanese ones. I'm not a fan of J H&S.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective