By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dante's Inferno Demo impressions?

Presentation : Really lovely music and menu style. dark and enchancting

Ingame Graphics : one word, crap. everything looks really out of place, the water looks like lines on a straight texture and the fire looks like a background object , i'd go as far as saying i've seen better looking PS2 games, i know its about the scale but the scaling isn't that big actually.

CGI Graphics : one word , Mindblowing , everything looks really polished, the textures the models  everything, sadly this is only the CGI Cutscenes not the ingame ones.

there is also animated cutscenes but they are a hit or miss, i'd prefer the CGI ones in some areas, but they're a nice idea IMO

Gameplay : if there is a game that would be called a compelete Ripp off its this game, its really exactly the same as God of War, one would try to get away from this comparision but sometimes one cannot , EVERYTHING about the gameplay is the exact clone of god of war, you have your fast attacks with the square button and power attacks with the triangle button and if you hold Triangle button you go into the God Of war-ish iconic slomotion air lifting battle , and if you want to open a chest you have to button mash a button , and if you want to finish off an enemy a "R2" button appears ontop of their head which leads to the famous QTE exactly like God of war. so what does this game offer anything that isn't ripped off from GoW ? well there is this "Damn" or "Purify" mechanic in which you either damn the enemy you are holding or purify which earns you good or bad points, which didn't do anything in the demo because it was too short.

Challenge: None whatsofreaking Ever! , the game is just a button masher you can almost play it with one hand tied behind your back.

Soundtrack : lots of choir music that is excellent but that death boss fight was really really awkward. it was as if the sound team forgot to add a music for it so they decided they would just have it with a "bzzzz" and sword noises with little generic music, i mean COMEON you are battling death! hes the badassry of badassry! oh and did i mention hes a compelete joke in this game? , seriously he begs a human not to shove a sword on his face!

Characters: like i mentioned above Death is quite a lame character, Dante himself is at times very manly and the second after it he is begging someone, Beatrice is just there for the TITS , you just find her dead WITH HER TITS SHOWING, and then she flys away while for some reason starts moaning after you find her again , and yet the camera man is focusing on HER TITS , even when shes being sent into i-don't-know-where land, and even in the animated scene , its always about the TITS, they might aswell call this game Dante's TITS and it will sell dozens more.

and now the one thing this game that did the most. is TITS, its the focus of EVERY scene with a female in it, it really breaks the immersion having the camera pointing at the tits all the time, as if like "Look its a female tits! you geeks love it loook loook! you will still play this game right? we have more tits!..... IN THE NEXT SCENE AFTER IT!"

also it seems pretty forced that they want to make the game as graphic as possible but it ends up being overused to the point of being a  "Divine Comedy"

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I was just about to DL it but it's not on the EU store yet.

We have some meh wallpaper.

Not amused.

I didn't like it. It was just a button masher; you can pretty much kill every enemy by spamming the O button. Oh and this is a such a total God of War rip-off/clone, but nowhere near as good. The controls, art-style, gameplay, pretty much everything is similar to GOW. The combat does feel a bit stiffer than GOW, and grabbing enemies with the R2 button felt weird.

Mirson said:
I didn't like it. It was just a button masher; you can pretty much kill every enemy by spamming the O button. Oh and this is a such a total God of War rip-off/clone, but nowhere near as good. The controls, art-style, gameplay, pretty much everything is similar to GOW. The combat does feel a bit stiffer than GOW, and grabbing enemies with the R2 button felt weird.

just as i expected

im downloading it anyways.

It seems like it'll be fun, but I am not sure yet whether or not it will be a full price purchase...Think i'd rather get GOW if I have to choose, which I probably will

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network

Actually its better than I tought. You have a lot of skill to level up. Also a lot of artefact that boost stat to collect. Its really better than I tought. It look a lot like GoW, but actually it feels more RPG than GoW. Action is not as good but more things to boost and special attack to unlock. 60 FPS, no screen tearing, very good for a multiplatform title.

i'm probably gonna let it download through the night and play in the morning.

4 ≈ One

this is what i said in the other thread seens as this is the impressions thread il post it

"lol its good i laughed at 2 or 3 parts like just before u see death some guy just runs up and stabs u in the back LOL , opening chests is annoying, graphics are average at best, pacing was of imo, controls are good grabbing with R2 felt weird, not a big fan of the main character, the story is interesting i thought... i did miss kratos and hes badass ways"

Meh, I hope this doesn't suck I really want to like it!

-Newcloud- said:
this is what i said in the other thread seens as this is the impressions thread il post it

"lol its good i laughed at 2 or 3 parts like just before u see death some guy just runs up and stabs u in the back LOL , opening chests is annoying, graphics are average at best, pacing was of imo, controls are good grabbing with R2 felt weird, not a big fan of the main character, the story is interesting i thought... i did miss kratos and hes badass ways"

how do you open chests? by mashing buttons like GoW ?