By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dante's Inferno Demo impressions?

patapon said:

Here's what I said in another thread:

I have played the Dante’s Inferno Demo in its entirety and I have 2 words to describe it...

Impressive and disappointing.

Now you may ask, how the fuck did I oxymoron that description? Simple, the story was impressively engaging but the gameplay fell well, WELL below what I thought I was going to experience.

TBH, I hate the comparison this is getting to God of War. I think it's unfair when one compares the defining series of a particular genre to a game that comes after it. But after the demo, it’s inevitable; this is GOW paint-by-the-numbers. I don't see anything in DE that does anything even remotely as good as I’ve played in the God of War 3 E3 demo.

But the story is INTRESTING. This is important for this games success.

come on come on come one...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

the storyline is based on the poem by the guy you play as Dante (the real one is italian) but this game seems to be taking as if it would be a Game to movie sort of way. its ruining it alot.
im pretty sure their next game will be Dante's Purgatory along with Virgil (Welcome to Purgatory) coop anyone? ,and next to it is Dante's Paradise (Rise to heaven) where he meets God , in the book he wont battle god (of course he isn't a maniac in the books) but in the game god probably going to be the final boss or something.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

libellule said:
SnakeEyez said:
I liked it, unlike most people, I love the fact that it is a GoW clone. One thing that I really liked about it is that there are two sets of moves you can learn, unholy (which you use your scythe) and holy (which I assume you use cross/items). Besides that, what can you say, its a GoW clone, even down to the camera angle/style.

it is called magic in GoW

SnakeEyez is talking about the Cross

the "Magic" in GoW is also called "Magic" in here and how to use it is exactly the same.

Severance said:
libellule said:
SnakeEyez said:
I liked it, unlike most people, I love the fact that it is a GoW clone. One thing that I really liked about it is that there are two sets of moves you can learn, unholy (which you use your scythe) and holy (which I assume you use cross/items). Besides that, what can you say, its a GoW clone, even down to the camera angle/style.

the "Magic" in GoW is also called "Magic" in here and how to use it is exactly the same.

so it is called second, third, and fourth weapon in GoW

I LOVED Artemis the sword of GoW1 : so impressive "cutting" feeling

the sword in GoW2 sucked, I never understand why ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Severance said:
libellule said:
SnakeEyez said:

lol no one liked that sword. even the developers didn't want to add it to 3 , because they thought people hated it.

Around the Network
Severance said:
libellule said:
Severance said:
libellule said:
SnakeEyez said:

lol no one liked that sword. even the developers didn't want to add it to 3 , because they thought people hated it.

butdo you know why ?

why did I love the 1 and not the 2nd ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Severance said:
libellule said:
Severance said:
libellule said:
SnakeEyez said:

butdo you know why ?

why did I love the 1 and not the 2nd ?

the first one was easy to use and fast, the second one was not as powerful and the chains were better?

Fk! Why do demos of games being released at the same time everywhere in the world get released in only one region first?

Sony's taking it's strongest market for granted to try to woo a market that has given it's HD heart to another love. But not just that PS3 is selling at a profit (or at least less of a loss) in the Others markets, yet Sony are still putting a shitload of eggs into the biggest loss making market. Yeah I know you can't survive in the videogame market without having some success in the USA. But seriously, does it really need to be at the expense of everyone else?

Ah well, I shouldn't rant really, I probably won't be getting Dante's in any case. It'll be GoW III or nothing for me. Looking at some of the non-gaming expenses I'm facing for the coming year it's likely to be nothing until 2011.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I maintain my opinion that it's a shameless God of War rip-off, and add to that opinion the fact that it SUCKS.

If you're going to rip off God of War, do it right. The game doesn't even have a Cyclone of Chaos move.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

binary solo said:
F&#k! Why do demos of games being released at the same time everywhere in the world get released in only one region first?

Sony's taking it's strongest market for granted to try to woo a market that has given it's HD heart to another love. But not just that PS3 is selling at a profit (or at least less of a loss) in the Others markets, yet Sony are still putting a shitload of eggs into the biggest loss making market. Yeah I know you can't survive in the videogame market without having some success in the USA. But seriously, does it really need to be at the expense of everyone else?

Ah well, I shouldn't rant really, I probably won't be getting Dante's in any case. It'll be GoW III or nothing for me. Looking at some of the non-gaming expenses I'm facing for the coming year it's likely to be nothing until 2011.

Make a US account. Simple.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective