By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So next stop for Ps3 = Wii.Impossible?

impossible IMO. For a trend I mean. a week or so obviously doesn't count.

and why did you say: "Vs Wii minor tittles"? I'd consider that trolling.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
it wasn't impossible.. when the wii was $249 it couldn't outsell a 299 ps3

True, Wii was below 200k a week in the weeks before the cut. PS3 hasn't dropped below 246k since the slim/cut.

If Ninty didn't drop the price when they did, we could have seen a PS3 > Wii Holiday season...

wii has a great lineup for 2010... I hope pikmin comes out :)

Obviously PS3 doesn't have a prayer to beat the Wii LTD but depending on how things play out post-holiday I can see it beating the Wii occasionally weekly but Wii would have to lose a lot of momentum in the new year and games like FFXIII, GT5 and the motion controls would have to give something resembling a long term boost in the west. PS3 will probably have to stay on top in Japan for this to happen even occasionally. And Leo-j brings up a valid point. BTW, that picture is epic.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

SuperAdrianK said:

and the ps3 has FF XIII coming out.. and God of war 3.. and Gran turismo 5..

and I can go on, but there is no need for a list war. PS3 has had the best software releases for 2years straight, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes it to another 3rd year. The market doesn't respond very well to quality ip though, atleast this gen.

mM
Around the Network
SuperAdrianK said:

PS3 has an even better year :/

leo-j said:
SuperAdrianK said:

and I can go on, but there is no need for a list war. PS3 has had the best software releases for 2years straight, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes it to another 3rd year. The market doesn't respond very well to quality ip though, atleast this gen.

I hope you're being sarcastic, Leo.

Im not really saying wii's lineup is better than ps3 (the ps3 has a great lineup I know that already) but the wii has a GOOD lineup... 2008 wasnt super hot with Nintendo pumping up games... 2009 seems better... and 2010 is going to be a good year for all consoles... what more can I say.

scottie said:
leo-j said:
SuperAdrianK said:

I hope you're being sarcastic, Leo.

Why do you hope I am being sarcastic

mM

I wish it could, but I don't think it can.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E