By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So next stop for Ps3 = Wii.Impossible?

I think Ps3 next big stop is beating Wii weekly normaly.Lifetime is too early to even discuss.

Since this holiday Ps3 is beating Xbox 360 pretty high numbers, think what happens in 2010 when Sonys big titles are released.Thats why I think it will easily catch up with Xbox 360 sooner or later.Then again I shouldn't forget Natal..

But how about beating Wii weekly?Ps3 is doing it in Japan and since Slim launch it has beat it several times...But how can it beat it weekly without big releases/new hardware add-ons?

Will we see titles like GT5 to have similar effect like Wii fits/Mario Karts amazing legs that sell Wii to new users every week?Or are old games that sell Wii so much weekly?Or can Ps3 Wands effect to weekly numbers?

Or is it just impossible?

I think its not impossible.But I would need to wait for all 2010 Ps3 titles to be released Vs Wii minor tittles to see what happens after that.

Discuss.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Simply - NO ! NEVER !

/thread.

Where is it beating the 360 IN HIGH NUMBERS?

It would have been better if you had checked the numbers before posting.

Not only is it impossible, stop counting the 360 out, MS has a price advantage and it will use it no matter the cost which Sony can't afford.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Highly doubt it.

Although we dont know what will happen when the Motion controls release, or when PS3 gets to $250/$200.

As for overtaking it in total sales. Never.

it wasn't impossible.. when the wii was $249 it couldn't outsell a 299 ps3

mM
Around the Network

It's impossible, and I still don't even think it'll beat the 360 when all is said and done.

The PS3 isn't the only console with a nice 2010 lineup. The Wii is still selling approx as much as the PS360 combined, even this week which saw massive bundling for the 360 and a big game release for the HD twins. What about next week when NSMB releases, and all throughout december when the Wii usually does incredible numbers.

This (PS3 weekly > Wii weekly) will not happen, except for a few occasions (maybe 1 week if GT5 gets a simultaneous America/others release, certainly at least 2 weeks next PS3 price cut, unless there is also a Wii price cut or it's a december)

Hahahahaha XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

There may be a point when the PS3 starts to outsell Wii weekly, however, it will never, EVER, outsell the Wii LTD.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

leo-j said:
it wasn't impossible.. when the wii was $249 it couldn't outsell a 299 ps3

And thats exactly why Ps3 wont win this generation,the price.

As for Wii,it was a cheap whore from the begining