By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So next stop for Ps3 = Wii.Impossible?

Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:

Why would he be being sarcastic?

Reviews are the only way we can determine what console has had the best SW released, and in the past 2 years, PS3 has had the most quality games released. Last year it was close between PS3/360. This year PS3 has walked away with it quality-wise. Next year is looking to be slightly closer... But again, PS3 has had the best quality SW for the past 2 years.

I hope you're being sarcastic, CarNIVAL GAMES.

I aint being sarcastic at all.

You talking user reviews? User reviews are very easily influenced, for example see Modern Warafre 2 user ratings on Metacritic.

For actual reviews from people employed to review games, we see that PS3 won lass year, and quite frankly... Dominated this year.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
scottie said:
You agree that Leo j's opinions are more important than those of other gamers?

Nintendo themselves have stated they needed to do better, why do you think they brought up Zelda when they had nothing to show. The PS3 had a better lineup the last 2 years, deal with it.

You know psrock you are normally a lot more reasonable than that

In the first place, Leo wasn't comparing the PS3 exclusively with the Wii; he said "best", so he's comparing it to the 360, too

In the second place: one could make a good argument against your point, too.

maybe so Khuutra, but I would be the first person to tell you Sony had a horrible lineup like in 2007, it is kind of annoying when people always side whith their console no matter what.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
scottie said:

Nintendo themselves have stated they needed to do better, why do you think they brought up Zelda when they had nothing to show. The PS3 had a better lineup the last 2 years, deal with it.

The first concept art, ie the official unveiling of the next Zelda came within 2 hours I believe of the announcement of SMG2 and NSMB:Wii. Hardly nothing to show

But anyway, this is off topic, and it's 3:30 AM here so I bid you adieu. 

PS, I'll probably check this thread next time I'm on, and I'm curious to hear why, if the PS3 has an objectively better library, why aren't people buying it? Is it, as leo-j (hopefully jokingly) said, that people do not like quality games :P

@leo-j:

Thank you for coming forward and clarifying, I think psrock will agree on that point now.

@Carl:

I am using that as a way to illustrate how any particular demographic may not match up with one's tstes when it comes to gams - and yes, game reviewers are just one (quite narrow) demographic. Reviews cannot be used to determine what console has the best software released, because if there is an absolute metric of quality (there isn't) then they do not adhere to it.

Not a change. The Wii has a very good Line-Up for 2010. Perhaps the best Line-Up since it launch.

Sony can be happy if lifetime sales reach this of xbox360. The Wii is far far away.

Around the Network
psrock said:

maybe so Khuutra, but I would be the first person to tell you Sony had a horrible lineup like in 2007, it is kind of annoying when people always side whith their console no matter what.

Well I agree with you on that last point - I am as distraught by "console loyalty" as anyone.

Now to run to the video rental store to tak back Star Trek and see if they have anything neat...

psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
scottie said:

You know psrock you are normally a lot more reasonable than that

In the first place, Leo wasn't comparing the PS3 exclusively with the Wii; he said "best", so he's comparing it to the 360, too

In the second place: one could make a good argument against your point, too.

The ps3 out of the 3 had the worst line up in 2007, but it was good. The wii might have had the best line up in 07, but it was very close between it and the 360. As for 2008, the 360 and ps3 were somewhat close, with ps3 edging it, the wii had super smash bros as its AAA ip. Then came 2009 were the wii had not 1 AAA ip other than the potential NSMB and re release of metroid, PS3 almost every sony ip went AAA, and most 3rd party blockbusters went AAA, along with AAA ip that were exclusive to the 360 being ported to the PS3 thi syear, that alone pushes the ps3 ahead of the 360 in quality, but the wii seriously lacked this year.. Next year it has Super mario galaxy 2, and Metroid, and potentially ZELDA, those are 3 huge franchises, and likely AAA ip. At the same time PS3 has GOW3, GT5, and FF XIII, 3 huge franchises as well along with other ip. SPLINTER CELL, HALO, and ALAN WAKE, 3 mega hits from 360.

Clearly next year will be big for all 3. But the past 2 years have been PS3 years in terms of software.

mM
scottie said:
psrock said:
scottie said:

The first concept art, ie the official unveiling of the next Zelda came within 2 hours I believe of the announcement of SMG2 and NSMB:Wii. Hardly nothing to show

But anyway, this is off topic, and it's 3:30 AM here so I bid you adieu. 

PS, I'll probably check this thread next time I'm on, and I'm curious to hear why, if the PS3 has an objectively better library, why aren't people buying it? Is it, as leo-j (hopefully jokingly) said, that people do not like quality games :P

Thus your argument comes to a bitter end.

I see you are using the PS3 DON'T SALE GAME EXCUSE. where are you Garnett?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

leo, I'm assuming you're using AAA to mean over 90 on metacritic? If so, see Khuutra's post about how game reviewers are in no sense a judge of objective quality

Dont think its possible. The Wii is the casuals hardware of choice.
Its cheap its fun and everyone wants one.

There are typically only 200 million console purchases this gen. Could be higher as the Wii will have opened up avenues to new games. but lets say 200 million

So far 106 million consoles have been sold, so the gen is half over.

If the Wii gets to eighty million its won the gen as MS and Sony seem to be holding their own little battle for second place