By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So next stop for Ps3 = Wii.Impossible?

a 199 PS3 could beat a 149 wii in ww sales, but that price is a long way of.

Only way to beat it will be to out last it and make up the sales.

Around the Network
scottie said:
leo-j said:
SuperAdrianK said:
wii has a great lineup for 2010... I hope pikmin comes out :)

and the ps3 has FF XIII coming out.. and God of war 3.. and Gran turismo 5..

and I can go on, but there is no need for a list war. PS3 has had the best software releases for 2years straight, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes it to another 3rd year. The market doesn't respond very well to quality ip though, atleast this gen.

I hope you're being sarcastic, Leo.

i agree with Leo.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

You agree that Leo j's opinions are more important than those of other gamers?

scottie said:
leo-j said:
SuperAdrianK said:
wii has a great lineup for 2010... I hope pikmin comes out :)

and the ps3 has FF XIII coming out.. and God of war 3.. and Gran turismo 5..

and I can go on, but there is no need for a list war. PS3 has had the best software releases for 2years straight, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes it to another 3rd year. The market doesn't respond very well to quality ip though, atleast this gen.

I hope you're being sarcastic, Leo.

Why would he be being sarcastic?

Reviews are the only way we can determine what console has had the best SW released, and in the past 2 years, PS3 has had the most quality games released. Last year it was close between PS3/360. This year PS3 has walked away with it quality-wise. Next year is looking to be slightly closer... But again, PS3 has had the best quality SW for the past 2 years.

scottie said:

Nintendo themselves have stated they needed to do better, why do you think they brought up Zelda when they had nothing to show. The PS3 had a better lineup the last 2 years, deal with it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Why would he be being sarcastic?

Reviews are the only way we can determine what console has had the best SW released, and in the past 2 years, PS3 has had the most quality games released. Last year it was close between PS3/360. This year PS3 has walked away with it quality-wise. Next year is looking to be slightly closer... But again, PS3 has had the best quality SW for the past 2 years.

I hope you're being sarcastic, CarNIVAL GAMES.

The only chance for the PS3 to beat the Wii LTD is a release of a Wii2 Console next year.

In Japan the PS3 is already beating the Wii and the market share of the Wii is a about to shrink. Because if the Xbox is beeing strong then it will be nearly impossible for the Wii to outsell the HD Consoles. They didnt managed it this week and some weeks before. We just have to wait. If the trend in Japan PS3>Wii is beeing stable the next year and the PS3 will pick up steam during 2010 and the Wii2 comes christmas 2010 then there is a minor chance that the PS3 will outsell the Wii. The Wiis peak year was 2008 and if the PS3 peaks in 2010 then it could be that during 2010 the Wii will be outsold by the PS3. But thats all just speculation. There is a minor chance for everything.

The PS Mote and Natal could completly mix up the market. A release of a Wii2 would do the same. One thing is for sure I think the Wii wont get bigger sales in the future then 2008.

A Wii2 could completly destroy the competition or it could be a failure.

psrock said:
scottie said:

Nintendo themselves have stated they needed to do better, why do you think they brought up Zelda when they had nothing to show. The PS3 had a better lineup the last 2 years, deal with it.

You know psrock you are normally a lot more reasonable than that

In the first place, Leo wasn't comparing the PS3 exclusively with the Wii; he said "best", so he's comparing it to the 360, too

In the second place: one could make a good argument against your point, too.

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
scottie said:

You know psrock you are normally a lot more reasonable than that

In the first place, Leo wasn't comparing the PS3 exclusively with the Wii; he said "best", so he's comparing it to the 360, too

In the second place: one could make a good argument against your point, too.

I said the PS3 had the best video game line up in 2008, and 2009, and I stand by it.

mM

not a chance i think. all 3 systems have a very good lineup for 2010 and i am sure another small price drop will happen with 1 or 2 of the systems. i think the ps3 has a chance at #2 when this generation is said and done, but zero chance at #1.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1