By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Valve generating more hatred than Bliizzard?

Barozi said:
Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

They said they didn't put Left 4 Dead on PS3 because the community was not strong enough. Or maybe they said it wouldn't work on PS3.

Maybe it was cherrypicked. What was the context?

Looking it up it seems the comment wasn't about the community at all really.

"In hooking up with your friends and the community aspects, I think the Xbox 360 is head and shoulders above the PS3. The 360 and PC are on par, right?"

Sounds like he is just talking about what the machines do. It sounds more like a slam against the PSN than anything else. He never even mentions the end user.

There's a quote from Insomniac in which they are basically saying that the PS3 is the superior console etc.

I wonder why nobody gives a shit about that one.

When Insomniac can say something like this, then Valve can (and maybe even should) do the same.

Because Insomniac does it because they are loyal to Sony. Gabe Newell does it because he's a douche. A talented douche, but a douche nonetheless.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
SeriousWB said:
Kantor said:
Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

Fuck! I knew I was missing something.

Anyway, Wii fans are no better. Every publisher who doesn't support the Wii sucks. Every publisher who makes minigame collections for Wii sucks. Every publisher who makes a crappy core game for Wii sucks. And those who speak out against the Wii ESPECIALLY suck.

So, you're right, but technically, I'm agreeing with you, so I'm right too.

The only ones I really have a problem with are Id and Epic I think. Those are the ones, off the top of my head, I recall attacking the actual owners rather than the machine. That is just childish. It might bother me less if I had ever wanted to play their games though. Still this wasn't even mainly directed at you. It was more for the people who were stating they hate Valve because they insulted any console rather than admitting it was because of insulting their console.

What did id and Epic say, exactly? I'm interested.

And Valve did say the other day that the PS3 community sucks, so fuck them I guess

No they didn't, if you're thinking of what I am, you've been mislead by a journalists cherry picking.  Unless they've said something else I haven't seen.

They said they didn't put Left 4 Dead on PS3 because the community was not strong enough. Or maybe they said it wouldn't work on PS3.

"In hooking up with your friends and the community aspects, I think the Xbox 360 is head and shoulders above the PS3."

Which somehow got turned into 'Valve: 360 community head and shoulders above PS3'

Also it was Chet Faliszek, not Gabe, the Left 4 Dead project lead who said this.

Simply because Blizzard makes only quality stuff? Dont get me wrong but games like L4D and HL2 episodes where far as epic as Valves previous games...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Blizzard shouldn't be critisized for not going multiplat. They should be loved for making PC gaming worthwhile and giving people a reason to stick with PC.

Valve on the other hand are openly hating on a platform. And, Valve developing for any console is just wrong, they too used to be one of the companies making PC gaming worthwile.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Kantor said:
Barozi said:
Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

Looking it up it seems the comment wasn't about the community at all really.

"In hooking up with your friends and the community aspects, I think the Xbox 360 is head and shoulders above the PS3. The 360 and PC are on par, right?"

Sounds like he is just talking about what the machines do. It sounds more like a slam against the PSN than anything else. He never even mentions the end user.

There's a quote from Insomniac in which they are basically saying that the PS3 is the superior console etc.

I wonder why nobody gives a shit about that one.

When Insomniac can say something like this, then Valve can (and maybe even should) do the same.

Because Insomniac does it because they are loyal to Sony. Gabe Newell does it because he's a douche. A talented douche, but a douche nonetheless.

And how can one argue with points like these...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder