By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Valve generating more hatred than Bliizzard?

Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

You were referring to Blizzard, right? They are certainly PC elitists. At least, they have been for 15 years or so.

If you were referring to IW or id, I'm not aware of them attacking any console, and if they did, it didn't affect their developing for said console. Epic certainly didn't bash the 360 (maybe the PS3? I'm not sure), and they have a good reason for making a 360 exclusive.

If Valve had snubbed the 360, you would see the same reaction from 360 owners. And PS3 owners wouldn't exactly be "cheering for them", but they would be pointing out that Valve are, in fact, excellent developers and they can do what they want.

Are you trying to prove that PS3 owners dislike Valve not because of their philosophy, but because they don't make PS3 games? If so, I think we realised that a long time ago. People are hypocrites, and you really ought to have figured that out by now.

All 3 companies have bashed the Wii overtly. Some of them have even bashed the people playing the console. Thanks for playing.

Yes I was just pointing out how people are hypocrits in this thread. It is what this thread is about really.

Fuck! I knew I was missing something.

Anyway, Wii fans are no better. Every publisher who doesn't support the Wii sucks. Every publisher who makes minigame collections for Wii sucks. Every publisher who makes a crappy core game for Wii sucks. And those who speak out against the Wii ESPECIALLY suck.

So, you're right, but technically, I'm agreeing with you, so I'm right too.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Anyway, Wii fans are no better. Every publisher who doesn't support the Wii sucks. Every publisher who makes minigame collections for Wii sucks. Every publisher who makes a crappy core game for Wii sucks. And those who speak out against the Wii ESPECIALLY suck.

The only ones I really have a problem with are Id and Epic I think. Those are the ones, off the top of my head, I recall attacking the actual owners rather than the machine. That is just childish. It might bother me less if I had ever wanted to play their games though. Still this wasn't even mainly directed at you. It was more for the people who were stating they hate Valve because they insulted any console rather than admitting it was because of insulting their console.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

The only ones I really have a problem with are Id and Epic I think. Those are the ones, off the top of my head, I recall attacking the actual owners rather than the machine. That is just childish. It might bother me less if I had ever wanted to play their games though. Still this wasn't even mainly directed at you. It was more for the people who were stating they hate Valve because they insulted any console rather than admitting it was because of insulting their console.

What did id and Epic say, exactly? I'm interested.

And Valve did say the other day that the PS3 community sucks, so fuck them I guess

They said the online community sucks I thought? I agree with them in principle. I would disagree if they said any online community didn't suck though.

God it has been so long I really can't remember. I know one of the was behind the virus comment. Other than that I recall vague snubbing comments about them not being real gamers, and how they will ruin the industry etc etc. Standard fare from a couple years ago. It has been awhile, and apparently Epic has gone back on it with that Mickey Mouse game coming and all.

Gnizmo said:
They said the online community sucks I thought? I agree with them in principle. I would disagree if they said any online community didn't suck though.

God it has been so long I really can't remember. I know one of the was behind the virus comment. Other than that I recall vague snubbing comments about them not being real gamers, and how they will ruin the industry etc etc. Standard fare from a couple years ago. It has been awhile, and apparently Epic has gone back on it with that Mickey Mouse game coming and all.

Lol, Epic Mickey

Yes, they said the online community sucks. Which basically means that the people playing online suck. They're no worse than people in any other online community. I suppose that's as close to insulting the userbase as anyone's ever gotten.

Turn 10 gets a fair bit of hate, but they are owned by Microsoft, and all they do is claim their game is better than every other game ever made, they don't insult the consoles themselves. They're kind of irritating.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

And Valve did say the other day that the PS3 community sucks, so fuck them I guess

No they didn't, if you're thinking of what I am, you've been mislead by a journalists cherry picking.  Unless they've said something else I haven't seen.

The answer is simple, PS3 fanboys and these simple steps.

1. Valve makes a comment about PS3 or 360.
2. It gets posted on N4G as news.
3. PS3 blogosphere and forum fanboys get panties in wad.

SeriousWB said:
Kantor said:
Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

No they didn't, if you're thinking of what I am, you've been mislead by a journalists cherry picking.  Unless they've said something else I haven't seen.

They said they didn't put Left 4 Dead on PS3 because the community was not strong enough. Or maybe they said it wouldn't work on PS3.

Maybe it was cherrypicked. What was the context?

Kantor said:

They said they didn't put Left 4 Dead on PS3 because the community was not strong enough. Or maybe they said it wouldn't work on PS3.

Looking it up it seems the comment wasn't about the community at all really.

"In hooking up with your friends and the community aspects, I think the Xbox 360 is head and shoulders above the PS3. The 360 and PC are on par, right?"

Sounds like he is just talking about what the machines do. It sounds more like a slam against the PSN than anything else. He never even mentions the end user.

Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

Looking it up it seems the comment wasn't about the community at all really.

"In hooking up with your friends and the community aspects, I think the Xbox 360 is head and shoulders above the PS3. The 360 and PC are on par, right?"

Sounds like he is just talking about what the machines do. It sounds more like a slam against the PSN than anything else. He never even mentions the end user.

There's a quote from Insomniac in which they are basically saying that the PS3 is the superior console etc.

I wonder why nobody gives a shit about that one.

When Insomniac can say something like this, then Valve can (and maybe even should) do the same.